Light issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TaDow, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Since showing sex a few weeks ago there hasn't been any changes. No bud starting but plenty of growth. Each plant has been is under 4 43 watt 2700 surrounded by 23 watt 6500. I just replaced the 43's with 2 85 limo cfl and they're 6500. Should I add the warm ones back or will these do?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Well if it's still getting more than 12 hours of light that sounds normal. But it might just be a slower plant. It looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. They were getting 14/10 until I reset the timer. Not that it made much if any difference. The top clone from this one is in LST and budding nicely. It's almost getting too big for my lights to handle it seems

4. 14/10 is going to make your plant flower about as slow as they can. Try shutting off the lights for two days and firing back up at 13/11.

5. the colour isn't of much importance, use the highest wattage bulbs. Or use them all if you can. More light = More bud.

14/10 is an odd time. Are they now on 12/12?

6. Yea the timer was fucked up so I reset it.
    2 day dark period?

7. #7 TaDow, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    ..........here's my first grow attempt.......

8. #8 TaDow, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2016

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Housekeeping!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nice setup going there!! Are you trying to make some seeds? Looks like you have a healthy male there budding... Unless you're going for some seeds, that bugger is just sucking up your nutes and light!!
    ~GHG~

• Like Like x 2
  11. It came from some seedy bud. It's the top of the big girl up top. How can it be male? That's what I'm trying to figure out here. This top was flowered way after the others. The big ones put out little pistils and stopped. They've been the same size for a week. This came from dirt weed. I'm not expecting anything spectacular. I do have some better quality bagseed going. The pic with the gnome is one.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cool thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. the last photo is of a male for sure

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah....SUMBITCH! I put the work in those gorgeous bastards!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Males go in my kelp tea
    That was from a few weeks ago

Attached Files:

16. Watch me grow! These are all a week apart.....strawberry kush

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. A female plant will always shoot out her parts exactly in the center where the stalk meets the stem. The male won't put it's parts out in the same location. It will be just a little bit away from the center spot. That very first picture at the top of the page....IS A TREE!!! LOL How long have you had that thing vegging for? It could use a repot too and would definitely benefit from some good fresh soil. That thing is so huge, I'm sure it drained all the goody out of that soil long ago. You're doing good my friend. It just takes time to get all the different pieces and parts together and have it all make sense. It took me a good 2 years before I really felt comfortable with all aspects of the grow...from seed or clone to harvest. I never imagined when I decided to start one of these that there was SO much that you need to know to make it go right. I killed my fair share, burned up a bunch and made lots of dumb mistakes. But eventually, it all starts to make sense and you understand what's going on. It just gets better with every plant you grow. Congratulations on your success!! TWW

• Like Like x 5
  18. It was germed in July. Trust me the soil is loaded. I've been diligent about top dressing and nute tea's. I made the soil with a members recipe. That's shredded coconut top dressing. Been putting ice cubes on them to keep the roots happy. It's still hot here and I have to cut a vent hole for my carbon filter. Can I repot during preflower?

19. From this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2