Vertical LED Panels

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tommie Trichrome, Oct 30, 2015.

1. I can't wait to see those pics of the commercial grow and when you are done with your testing

2. #42 Hybridway, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    I like em. Great idea! Nice grow with them too TT!

3. Hey GC Community,

Finishing up week 6 of flower and i'm now staring to flush my ladies. All i can say is this have been a really easy grow.

I haven't had to worry about the environmental controls in any way. Basically, when I leave my house, I can rest assure that the temps/humidity and overall environment will be the same as I left it. Thats huge for me. I have had countless experiences with leaving the house for work or school, and due to something (power outage, timer did not turn on, etc.), I return to a major problem with the environment and have to do a quick fix just to get the room stable again. Since using LEDs I haven't had to do this once...further my plants can touch the LEDs and I don't have to worry about bleaching, which means i can really utilize my space.

Here are my result finishing week 6...9 plants in a 4x4' tent...using vertical LEDs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. couple more pics of the end of week 6

I will be posting week 7 (flushing continues)
    Then checking the trichome maturation daily, and decide if the chop will be week 8 or 9...I like them really purple, so i think its leaning towards a 9 weeker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. #45 iwearpants, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    well i'm glad this isn't panning out to be a massive troll attempt, or its such a big one they even got realstyles in on it. [​IMG] no for real though, if it works then it seems to be a winner, just too rich for my blood. maybe some day. glad to see the technology branching into different directions, makes for better competition when everyone isn't just rebranding the same ol' product.

i guess the only thing to do now is sit back, grab some popcorn, and see what kinda yield we get out of this.

6. that's all I was hoping for! I'm glad you would like to see the results, even if it's just for tech info.
    I totally agree with you btw, I wasn't really aware of the benefits of LEDs, so this is a good thing to see tech branching out. who knows what this could mean about the future of propagation lighting. I think as the tech improves further and LEDs start to get the respect and reputation they ought, we will see the prices come down.

But this also shows what's possible with just the LED tech and no prior experience or knowledge of how to use LEDs. This really was my first run at LEDs and i just applied my knowledge from conventional HPS lighting to the system and it was a easy transition, which i think have been offering great results.

....so in addition to the results of each stage of growth, ...The Final Conclusion will be the Yield, Aesthetics and the Lab Results

7. Link it any where you'd like Capt...I'd love to hear what some LED experts think

8. It looks like it is doing a great job man. Once again sorry for coming across as a dick in my original posts. The plants look extremely happy and those diodes somehow are doing a great job. I'd love to add some of this for supplement in my cabs around the edges but that price point is just oh so painful for a diy guy like myself. I really would love to find out what diodes are being used so I can build a few small 20" lights similar.

Best of luck with the grow, looks like your going to have a very nice harvest in a few weeks time :bongin:

Sent from my Spaceship using the Grasscity App.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1348058-DaS-Perpetual-Stealth-Cabs-Grow-Chronicles

9. No worries my dude, its bound to happen on forums and i know I will still get it from others. But thanks... I really just wanted to have dialogue and share some results, So that means i'm willing to learn/talk to from anyone who has some info. I got thick skin too, but i'm glad we can now chat on how to both improve our techniques and share some pics!

10. #51 iwearpants, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    just out of curiosity, how would you rate the plant maintenance difficulty working around the light fixture? there's quite a bit of hardware to get around with those babies. this was the reason i dropped my first DWC attempt for a coco grow... the hydro maintenance was pretty labor intensive, whereas my coco at first sign of a problem i can just throw her in the shower and hose her down, and within a couple days she's good as new.

11. I am interested to know this myself as I have 12 plants in my 11'x13' space & with a goal of never yielding less then 12 oz. a plant, it is already hard to get around in there. My new room will be 14'x12', allowing a little bit more room but how much is needed?

12. Commercial Grow Example

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this information is helpful

13. those 2700k diodes? ?

14. It is a custom LED made to Suncloak specifications. It is not available off the shelf. Runs less than 2000K CCT.

15. So IMO its straight forward and easy. However if you are hand-watering you will either need a long-neck watering can/or wand- pressure feeder. or have a tent with side openings. if you are not using a tent then its even easier. for my setup i got a couple 4x4's right next to each other for a perpetual cycle, so I cant access the sides very well..( small grow room) so i needed a long reach feeder to feed to the back row. so if you have some auto feeder/hydro set up it would be very easy and same with hand feeding. however if you are limited in space, like I am, I would suggest a long reach feeder like a pressure wand to get to the back row.

16. Excellent work I probably missed it but what LED's are you using?

17. "It is a custom LED made to Suncloak specifications. It is not available off the shelf. Runs less than 2000K CCT."

18. that is pretty ballin, i saw one setup for like $3500, i that the cheapest one????

19. $3500 is the most expensive 12" on center unit. That is not the one Tommy is using in his pictures. There are lower priced ones on the website based on your set up. I have not yet been approved as a vendor on grass city so I cannot provide a link to the website. You will need to google it.