When I was a beginner smoker...?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by TheSecretstoner, Oct 29, 2015.

1. When I just started smoking, obviously I got a lot more high cause I just started and my tolerance was low, but as I sit here and hit the 1st pipe I ever bought, i come to remember when I first used to smoke out of this pipe almost two years ago and I'd just torch the shit out of it. I remember coughing up a lung every time I hit it and I was to high to figure out why. Now that I sit here and strategically light small portions of the bowl until I finish it, I beg the question, did we get higher when we first began smoking, not only because of our low tolerance, but also because we didn't know how to properly light a bowl, and cause ourselves to take a monster, coughing hit?

#highaf

2. Maybe. But we'll never have a solid answer to this question

3. One of the many mysteries of the world!

4. Does a bear shit in the woods?
    The reason we got higher from coughing is because our bodies were begging for oxygen and we denied it, which made us lightheaded and felt higher. Plus the tolerance factors in but I have a high tolerance and can still get pretty damn high.

5. Yup yup

Attached Files:

6. I'd say tolerance is the biggest factor followed by not knowing your own limits

7. Coughing = known to enhance highs.

Young inexperienced lungs = not used to smoke

Smoke = Causes coughing

Coughing = known to enhance highs.....

Add to it the tolerance argument, and the sheer fact that your fragile little baby mind never ventured into the abyss before.

8. I think it's because we know what to expect now when we get high. We are familiar with the feeling of being high and it's almost became normal to us to be high. Back when we all first started smoking we didn't really know what it was like to be high at all, so when we did get high for the first few times it was just like holy fucking shit what the hell is this haha.

9. Amen :D

10. true.. Too bad it will never be the same tho.. :wacko: