First time small scale cfl grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by virginislandsherbs, Oct 28, 2015.

1. #21 crankz, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    That light doesn't need to be that close. Keep it 10-12" away.
    You can bury the rockwool a little more, but don't cover it yet. You want to be able monitor it. Making sure it stays slightly moist. Don't let it get soaking wet though. That will hinder root development. You may need to play around with your water level to find that happy spot.
    Once roots make it out of the netpot, you can cover the rockwool to prevent algea from growing on it.

P.S. The islands are beautiful! My mom has a place on St. John. Most can recognize this bay.

image.jpg

2. #22 virginislandsherbs, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    I appreciate the advice! the leaves are curled past the stem at this point. i adjusted the light and ill see how it loooks in the morning. ill post a pic.
    i think thats trunk bay. i really dont go to st john often but i remember swimming out to that little island closest to the beach once about 8 years ago.. i grew up on st thomas though

3. Yup, Trunk Bay

4. Well it looks bad. I'll keep my hopes up for this little buddy though. I feel it'll recover eventually. I just gotta leave it alone. Let it do it's recovery thing.

Attached Files:

5. Make sure your pH is and stays within the range of 5.5 - 6.5
    5.8 being optimal, but floating within the above range is perfectly fine.

6. Plant died starting over

7. I've had plenty die in my time. You'll get it going.

8. Hey all. I haven't abandoned the call of growing, if anyone cared. I'm moving mid December and wouldn't have enough time to finish out a grow. But I have plans to hit home depot and get supplies to to build a grow box that doubles as a monopoly table, with the top engraved to be the board. I'm thinking it'll be about 48" wide x 54" tall x48" deep. Split in 3. Half for flower. And the other half split for veg and clones/seedlings. Wish me luck!!!