2nd Grow-Caramel Cream Auto

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growingismyhobby, Oct 26, 2015.

1. #1 growingismyhobby, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    This is my 2nd grow, so bare with me. Might need some help. It's a 1 plant grow in my closet. Roughly 2x2 1/2 ft.

Caramel Cream Auto from Sweet Seeds.

I'm using an organic soil from Menard's that I added more perlite to, in a 3 gallon bucket.

I have an inline and exhaust fan, also 1 that will blow on the plant.

3 23w 6500k cfl for veg.

6 42w 2700k cfl for flowering.

24 hr. timer.

Fox Farm trio nutrients.

My temp. has been about 75-82 and humidity about 50-60% RH.

Using tap water with an aeration stone.

Popped her right into the soil without germination and after 2 1/2 days she sprouted. It's day 4 an the 1st set of leaves has formed. I'll add a pic when I get home and update when I see noticeable differences.

2. Day 4

Attached Files:

3. By absolutely no means am I an expert, I've never grown the stuff. So, in that sense, we're in the same boat. But it sounds to me like you're using an excessive amount of lighting. You really only need about 100w per plant based upon what I've read and think I understand. I'll let someone else confirm/deny that and await the reply because I'm interested now.

4. My plan was to have 2 above and the other 4 surrounding it on the sides in hopes it would give plenty of light to all the bud sites. Never considered to much light. I'll have to do some looking. Thanks for bringing that up.

5. yea no I would say that that's a good amount your gonna get a fat plant with some fat buds with that kind of lighting going into it, just make sure to take it easy when she's young they don't need a lot of light when they're small at all

6. #6 growingismyhobby, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    I have 3 23 watters on her now and plan to keep with just those until I switch to flowering. Think thatll be fine or should I cut back one bulb?

7. I want to cut back on heat and the electricity bill. When is alright to switch to 18/6?

8. Nevermind, did some looking around. Switched to 18/6.

9. #9 wisefreek, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    I'm a fan of 20/4 for veg. I think that gives them enough time for rest and a little extra light time.
    Also, I think you might wanna edit your original post. You've got 2700k listed as veg and 6500 listed for flower.

10. Caramel cream auto sounds like a sweet ass name. lol

11. After writing this I looked at the bag and realized its actually cream caramel, but I just went with it.

12. Sounds like you know what your doing hahah

Sent from

13. I'm trying. All about cruising the forums and picking up info from everyone's trial and errors.

14. Yah im gonna keep taking info till i feel confident to try and make some decent plants grow

Sent from

15. When I 1st considered growing I grabbed a journal and just started writing a bunch of info that I thought was important or that I might need to know later on. I still make notes.

16. Is this from sweet seeds? I run a bunch of their genetics, and just popped a cream mandarin, been trying to find the caramel x but they are always out of stock when I try to order lol.

I'll be following along this one. I wanna see how it does for sure. Feel free to stop by my thread to see my autos! I'm starting up a little breeding project with all of my autos. Got 6 of them on the go right now!

Sent from my Spaceship using the Grasscity App.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1348058-DaS-Perpetual-Stealth-Cabs-Grow-Chronicles

17. It is. Thanks for stopping by. I'll definitely pop over and subscribe. Unfortunately I only have room for 1 at a time. Luckily it's just for personal and I don't smoke very often. I think I enjoy growing it more than smoking sometimes.

18. You'll be more than happy with the results from sweet seeds, the only thing I have noticed is the yields are not as great as some other aytos, but you will absolutely be blown away by the taste, smell, resin production and quality. Best weed I have grown so far is their red poison auto, only issue was the fluffy buds.

Best of luck with the grow man! Hopefully you'll do up a smoke report once you chop and harvest. Got my eye on all those caramel strains :bongin:

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1348058-DaS-Perpetual-Stealth-Cabs-Grow-Chronicles

19. That's what I grew last. Ha. I had some nute deficiencies, but I was happy with it. Wish I would've made a journal. Mine were really fluffy as well. Loved the taste and high. Any other auto suggestions. Trying to get a list for my next order.

20. I picked up an Elite Auto pack and those seem to be doing really well at the moment, I grow mostly photos but I just made the switch to autos. I just started up 4 autos a few days ago, got them in the DWC now and they are taking off. One of each; SODK, Black Cream Auto, Cream Mandarin Auto, and Red Poison Auto. I have heard great things about chocolate Skunk auto as well, and I really want to add a cheese and something else to the inventory to see what I like running the most. I'll be creating my own strains so looking for great genetics along the way and keeping spreadsheets of it all!

I'll go back through my thread and see what else I have on the lookout, many blades stop by and suggested strains to me not too long ago