The Official Paranormal Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TioW42, Oct 25, 2015.

1. #1 TioW42, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    This is where we talk about the paranormal,personal experiences/stories,youtube videos and sightings or anything related to the topic. Feel free to post

2. #2 Snarfindorf, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    I'm sorry but there's absolutely no reason to believe ghosts exist. The one source you probably shouldn't take inspiration from is YouTube, for obvious reasons. None of these videos prove a thing to me: a shadow in a house with a guy filming? It's almost as if his friend could be walking a puppet around or pretty much anything else. There's a lot of confirmation bias that goes round the ghost community.

3. #3 TioW42, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    It's just a random youtube video I picked out just to start something out and plus it's a opinion not everyone wants to agree so let it be I guess.

4. #4 ExcretingCretin, Oct 26, 2015
    what about aliens that look like ghosties? Y b so close minded. [​IMG]

One word sixpencee.
    Read on a toilet If I know what's good for you.

5. I'm one of the most science minded person you can be but I'm confident I've seen a ghost or something like it. When it comes to ghost, spirits and the like there is something called probatio diabolica. Because the lack of evidence doesn't disprove anything, the burden of proof isn't on the spiritual person, it's on the skeptic. It's not something you can disprove unless you had omniscience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probatio_diabolica

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 TioW42, Oct 26, 2015
    Has any of you guys had any personal paranormal experiences? I have 2 the first one is what got me believing in the unexplainable

7. Actually the burden of proof is on the one claiming they exist, because they're making the claim. Without the claim there is no reason to be skeptical. Same with atheism. Aghostism.

8. #8 Vicious, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    You can't ask for proof of a belief like "I believe god exist", "I believe in aliens" which is why it's up to the skeptic show how god or aliens don't exist; an equally impossible task. It's also hard to ask for someone to prove a reality questioning anecdote experience.

Well, you can ask but you're not going to get it. Forget seeing a ghost, it's hard to prove what you had for dinner days ago to someone else. The argument is just parallel to "you can't prove x exist", it can't be proven it doesn't exist.

9. Sorry, but that's just not how it works. Even if the skeptic's proof is non existent, it's still on the claimant to provide proof. If you told me that unicorns existed, I asked for proof and you gave none, my stance would be the upheld one because you can't prove what you claim exists is real.

10. Right.

Without that basic concept, science would still be in the stone age.

11. I have quite the stories but my kids scare me more then ghosts. All the shadow people have to take a backseat to screaming preschoolers and teenagers that beat the shit outta eachother every chance they get.

12. Will you feel free to tell them stories?

13. Ok. When I was 16, my grandfather passed. He passed at home unexpectedly. The thing about my grandfather is that I could always here him walking or shuffling around anytime he came out to the kitchen or bathroom. He had a stroke and it was hard for him to walk.
    Anyway, a few weeks later, I was sleeping on the couch. It was a hot Chicago summer and we had the ac going strong. As I was trying to sleep, I heard shuffling and coughing. My grandfather was walking in the kitchen. All that separated me from the kitchen was a closed door. I think I may have slept in my parents room that night. Also, when I went back to sleeping in my room, I could hear the coughing and noises coming from my grandfather's unoccupied room. His room was underneath mine and I could hear everything from the vents.
    Im convinced it was him. I've had nightmares since. In the dreams Im usually asking how he is still hanging out on the house?

14. As an adult Ive lived in a couple places that seemed to have super bad energy. When my son was 2, he was sound asleep in his crib. My partner and I were fighting at the time and he started yelling at me and asking me if I was leaving and taking the baby. I was confused since I was sleeping in a spare room at that moment. Apparently he had been arguing with the six ft high shadow figure that was leaning over our son's crib. This was all in the dark. He lost it when I said I was in the other room. We were very quickly cuddled back up under the covers together...hiding from the big demon in the other room.

15. Every night around 2 am, someone would sit on my bed. I could hear the springs squeak and feel displacement of weight. Went on like this for a while until mom went all 'short lady from poltergeist' and blessed my room with holy water.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can't say that I believe in ghosts, but I do believe there are untold amounts of unknown energy in the universe. One of my theories is that certain energy can have an activating effect on our neurons, basically making them fire for no other reason. Maybe specific energy can activate specific regions in our brain and in a location that is said to be haunted, the mindless, consciousnessless energy activates what you are told to believe is happening there. Like when you hear the stories about a lady in a white dress, and then you see her.. but if you were never told about it or ghosts in general, you'd probably see nothing.

That said, there were 2 times when I was younger that I swear I floated about a foot off of my bed while trying to sleep. Once I became aware of it, I fell back down into my bed. Very well could of been a dream, one of those dreams where I dream I am still awake.. then just jerked my body. It is a pretty common experience to feel like you are floating right before you fall asleep it seems.

17. #17 TioW42, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    That is really fucking scary. I have a personal experience and it happened on the A75 road in scotland when me and my dad were on our way from my uncle's who I haven't seen for a long time. We were driving on this straight road surrounded by trees when all of sudden a man runs across the road and he looked about 2 cars away so we were very fucking close to him so my dad stomps on the break. We couldn't tell if we missed him or not because it almost seemed like he disappeared/faded which I know kinda sounds cliche. I started to panic and asked my dad "Oh my god did you hit him" and my dad was speechless so I was confused because it looked like there was a 90% he was gunna get hit but somehow it didn't sound like we hit anything. At this point the car started to turn really cold like to the point I was shivering and started to get cold breath which was very weird because the cars heater was on full blast and I wasn't getting this before that happened. So my dad then starts to go outside and check and he looked shocked when he seen the front of the car. My dad started to deeply stare at something in the forest then he a got paranoid look on his face and started to quickly walk in the car nervously and I asked him what happened and what he was staring at. He then starts to tell me that there was no chance that he could of hit anyone no body,dent or blood and he said that he saw someone in the trees apparently a man that looked like in his mid 60's with a long beard and a old styled coat. I barely's ended up sleeping that night but I started to research about the A75 and I ended up finding out that there's been a lot of paranormal activity and it's also the most haunted road in the country. This is what got me believing in the paranormal yeah you could say the guy was a actual human who was probably trying to murder us but this doesn't explain why the car started to turn cold and how he got away without getting hit even though we were like a few metres away from him.

18. Real ghosts are naked, they don't need clothes. It's the movies and our sense of propriety that makes us put clothes on ghosts. The next time you hear someone talk about seeing a ghosts ask them what the ghost was wearing. If they say clothes it means they are making it all up. Actually I think real ghosts don't have bodies either. None of the ones I've seen had a body.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It obvious you can't wrap your head around the philosophy of this but were not talking about regular proof. We're talking about an impossible proof. No one has said, "aliens are real, believe it", you came in saying "there's no reason to believe ghosts are real". This is a discussion of belief and faith. A lack of proof does not disprove. This isn't about the proof, it's about the impossible requirement for both sides. It's harder to prove aliens or ghost don't exist than they do, you would need to be able to view every part of the universe simultaneously. Again, no has said unicorns existed, no one even go the chance to say they believe in unicorns, you came in first post saying there is no reason to believe. This was never about absolutes, it's been about belief and personal account. Reality is subjective, if someone thinks they saw a ghost, that's enough reason to believe it even if they were a skeptic. How can you ask for proof of that? Anecdotal experience is never proof.

Forget proof though, since it's impossible. You said "there is no reason to believe", I would argue there is plenty reason to believe and is common to believe as all civilizations on Earth have told stories of paranormal and faith. Now I'm not talking about actual occurrence, it's the psychology of the unknown. As I've said, reality is highly subjective, when you see something you can't explain your brain combs through all the things it could be a prototype of to fit it's schema. It's not a far shot for someone spiritual to see something in a night window and think "ghost". My only point is not only is there reason to believe, the belief happens naturally worldwide.

20. Well it's what I've been told I didn't see it.