BlackBerry Kings Kush Auto DWC Detailed Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by InfinitiG35, Oct 25, 2015.

1. alrighty, got everything taken care of just waiting on my new air pump to come in, got everything cleaned out and scrubbed and still didnt figure out what was in my water.

and besides my bucket not being blacked out yet thats all the light getting to it i can think of.

iv had another kings kush seeds in the paper towel for over a week and it has only popped out a tiny root about 1/8" long.

it seems i may have gotten a bad pack of seeds??

will have picture of the lady up a little later on today.

2. The bottom leaves still have yellowing at the tips but the new leaves that have formed have no yellowing at all

Attached Files:

3. Alright guys its been about a week I had my feeding schedule set up, this is my 2ND feed and I think I burnt it with my nutes.
    The very first two leaves that came along have almost died and the tips on the 2ND set of leaves is looking rough. I still haven't got my new sir pump yet but I don't think that's the problem here.

Attached Files:

4. what do you mean by "second feed"? in DWC the feeding is 24 hour constant. What is your ppm? I suspect it will be sorted once you get a decent amount air in the water. Are there roots outside of the net pot yet?

5. What I meant was this is my 2ND week of feeding, 2 Monday's ago I fed 1/2 strength nutes, this past Monday I fed 3/4.
    My ppm was around 220
    And my buddy uses the same pump and air stones and nutes as me, only difference is he has Alot bigger space than I do.
    He never has any trouble out of his plants with the pump or anything, he doesn't even ph or ppm check his water and always has gorgeous plants.
    And my root is barely showing through the bottom.

6. I still don't know exactly what you mean about second feeding but I would give it about 300ppm at this point. It's time to start measuring what nutrient strength the plants are taking up so you can match it.

Marijuana uses a lot of oxygen so an air pump of correct size is very important. Especially when there isn't much root outside of the net pot.

7. I'm ordering a pump by the end of this week , have got to.
    Do you not think this is nute burn?
    How often should I change my rez water?

8. No, it's definitely a lack of oxygen. You couldn't nute burn anything with 220ppm.

If you keep your reservoir's ppm the same as what the plant is taking up, you won't need to change out your res until the plant has taken up 3 or even 4 times the volume of the reservoir. I have done full grows without changing out the reservoir at all. Just make sure you keep the ppm the same as what the plant is taking up. Top up regularly and adjust the ppm back to what it should be and you'll be golden

9. Hello all it's been a few days since i've posted and a bit has changed, 0 kings kush seeds popped (would the vault refund them or trade them out?) so i germed 2 more blackberry kush seeds and have had 100% success with the dutch passions.
    I also grabbed a black 20 gallon tub and will have the plants in there permanently.
    i have a 20w commercial air pump, 2 more air stones, and gh flora duo a&b nutes on the way.

will post some pix soon

10. that's algae growing on your airstone. Make sure you get your new tub completely light proofed, otherwise it will happen again.

11. Yea I got it all under control now bud, just waiting on all my shit to get in to be 100% functioning.

12. Alright guys so I'm pretty pissed, where I have my plants the guy never fed them so they shriveled up and died. Luckily I had 2 more in germ, so now I have to start the whole fckn process over.
    So nerve racking not being able to check on them when I want.

13. shit man, that's gutting. Are you sure it was a nutrient issue? Lack of nutes is usually a very slow death. Root rot is much faster, and didn't you have slime in the reservoir before?

14. You know it may very well have been root rot, and yes my res temps were a bit warm and caused algae but I got that under control.

Attached Files:

15. They are growing but, stretching I believe.
    I plan on feeding them 1/4 strength in about 5 days.

Attached Files:

16. they look great mate. A ppm of about 200-250ppm is about right for those

17. Thanks gold, I got the gh duo flora 2 part.
    Why do my stems keep turning purple, I read it's from stress but they were not touched for like 5 days. Maybe it's just the genetics.

18. Things are growing slowly but surely. I have nice white roots coming through and I fed just a little bit today. Only fed about 150ppm just to be on the safe side and see how much they are going to eat.

Also moved the whole grow into a insulated room so I won't have any issues with the cold winter weather.

19. Purple stems could mean either nothing at all or that it's lacking nutrients. Last week I suggested 200-250ppm, so now it should be significantly higher, I don't think 150ppm is going to be very good for them, that is very weak indeed

20. Yea gold I had completely forgot about that, will be putting the correct amount in today.