Barack Obama Is A Good President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 839659, Oct 23, 2015.

1. You'd be pissed all the time too if you lived in the UK. Why else do you think we have Independence Day in the states?

2. Im gonna guess but the majority of you that are loving Obama hate Bush. If that is true, then your not paying attention. Obama has done a few good things(more so then Bush did) but the bad far out weights the good. The biggest difference I see is the rhetoric other then that business as usual.

I also think it is absolutely disgusting that Obama campaigned on transparency but then declares the biggest war ever on whistle blowers and keeps increasing the NSAs capability's.

3. If Obama had any mission of being peaceful...why didn't he pull all of our troops out of Iraq? Why did he leave thousands of private contract mercenaries there? Why does he kill innocent women and children with predator drone strikes to wipe out one man? Why did he bomb the fuck out of Libya...free all the Al-Queda ppl Ghadaffi had locked up? Real smart, peaceful man [​IMG]

The questions you should be asking yourself - Did Obama continue all the major policies of W? Yes. More wars, more bailouts, more rights being snipped, more lies & business as usual. Great choice. Only burnout democrats think Obama is a good President. Everyone else who seeks objectivity realizes he's no different than Bush Jr. or Sr.

And Nixon was a pos. Obama is on right his war mongering, crook level tho...and as far as being fiscally responsible, probably worse.

4. I'm really happy Snowden came out under Obama. It goes to show that Obama, just as anyone else, was preaching feel good messages. The whole transparency thing was bullshit. You have the Whistleblower scandal, Fast and Furious, The god awful prisoner swap for Bergdahl, the fact that he has bombed more countries than Bush did, and the countless scandals that he heard about on the news.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence."

5. Don't get me wrong, I hate Bush. But you are spewing nonsense. Bush Jr hurt the family name, didn't help it. He had little to do with the housing crisis, that started with Clinton and subprime lending. What is "no education for America"? Is that a reference to "no child left behind"? FASFA was created long before Obama. Half of your post is very vague and makes little sense can you please clarify?

I do think the ex Gov. of Illinois that tried to sell Obamas senate seat is more full of shit then Bush.

6. I can't say for sure, but I would guess that a lot of hit has to do with politics. He doesn't want to give the democrats the reputation of being the ones that lost control of Iraq and Afghanistan. Like I said I can't prove this and I could definitely be wrong but Obama strikes me as someone who believes we shouldn't be involved with ground troops in ME but realized that it's political suicide if people start to blame him and the democrats as the party that let the ME to slip into chaos it could cause some serious losses for dems. I do however think like most politicians he is for drone strikes and doesn't recognize the very real consequences of dropping bombs in sovereign nations. Either way we need some one like Bernie or Rand who have much less hawkish perspectives and might actually be willing to stand up to the establishment and military industrial complex.

7. Come on bush Jr had nothing to do with the housing crisis, that's far from the truth. I agree clintons administration takes a lot of the blame but it's silly to pretend that Bush Jr and the congress don't share a lot of the blame. They refused to try and regulate derivatives, credit default swaps and fraudulent banking practices which are a large component of why the financial collapse happened. I agree that the gov lending practices played a role, but it's one of many factors in why the market went belly up.

8. When I digest his Presidency in a brutally honest way - I come to the conclusion that true leaders don't care about political suicide or their reputation - they care about the people and their country. And they lead by example, not force. President Obama has done no such thing.

He had all the authority to make sweeping changes and power moves to change this country. He didn't - which proves to me on an intuitive level he is just like every other President I've seen in my lifetime - part of the machine, not one of the people.

9. How many times did he deflect blame to Bush and the Republicans?

10. I'd estimate between 95% - 100% of time

Somewhere in there :p

11. Granted, the Republicans and Bush aren't blameless, but seriously, you can only use that excuse so much for so long.

12. ^That goes w/out saying. They all suck is the underlying point.

I'm honestly dumbfounded after 8 years of lies, people still think Obama is different from Bush. So I guess he is a talented politician - as much as I think he's a turd of a human being [​IMG]

13. Don't worry, the real change comes with Bernie.

(Just kidding, it's all a ruse. No change will come. Just your regularly scheduled government programming.)

14. :laughing: brilliant..

15. Worst most racist piece of crap ive seen. Fuck him and his shitty face... stipid ears

16. Oh don't get me wrong. ALL presidents in the history of this country has skeletons in thier closet. We need one that actually cares about the welfare of the USA not about the reputation of the presidency.

17. You had your chance America.

[​IMG]

18. Speaking as an outsider and non black guy - hahaha your boy doesnt give a shit about black people. Just another corporate puppet schmuck.

19. How do y'all feel about Obama getting the ball rolling on releasing thousands of non-violent weed/drug offenders from prison?