Barack Obama Is A Good President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 839659, Oct 23, 2015.

1. He's not perfect. Shouldn't surprise you. There is no "perfect" leader. He's a good leader tho. He's a great leader. He's down to earth, strong and benevolent. You mock him now. You'll love him when he's gone. He'll always be remembered

[​IMG]

2. He's awful - a black George W. Bush

War mongering, right trampling, keepin' business as usual, crooked politician - that's all he is...just a bit more handsome and smooth talking than the rest of the jerk offs he's surrounded by [​IMG]

3. #3 Snarfindorf, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    I agree, i'm a fan of him, though he has flip flopped on issues such as gay marriage, sadly that just comes with the territory. I'm quite the fan of Bernie Sanders too, he's like the US alternative to Jeremy Corbyn and i'm a pretty big Corbyn fan. Basically if you're old, progressive and seem to care about the issues you talk about, i'll like you. Good on you, Obama.

4. I was expecting your post to say, "said no one ever"

I am disappoint.

5. I like certain things he's done. First president to really start pushing criminal justice reform in a serious way and taking about it. First president to really start to push us towards universal healthcare. Unfortunately Harry Reid fucked us on that one and we got stuck with Obamacare which was a watered down version that was a wet dream for insurance companies. I like that he's attempted to pull out of the quagmires in the ME and at least talked about it.

I do however greatly dislike that he hasn't taken real steps in getting us out of the ME. We shouldn't have been getting involved in any ME revolutions or continuing to drop countless drone bombs. Definitely dislike his continuation/expansion of things like drones and NSA survieillance.

I also like that he's one of the first few presidents who seems like a smart guy. When you watch bush speak verse Obama speak it's a world of difference. I also like that he's one of the first few presidents who doesn't kiss Israel's ass and actually calls them out for some of their bullshit. I like that he doesn't constantly pull the American exceptionalism bullshit and is willing to recognize that the US has issues. I understand but I dislike his stance on guns.

Overall, I think there are many things Obama believes and wants to do but recognizes they are just not politically viable in our modern day political landscape. Considering the shit he had to deal with I would say he did a decent job but definitely a lot of stumbling blocks.

6. McDonald's is a good restaurant

7. McDonald's is actually quite good quality, at least in the UK. Joke falls flat.

8. Jimmy Carter himself likes Obama.

9. I very clearly do not, ma'am.

10. nice try but I have been to the UK

11. He's normalizing relations with Cuba, something no other president would touch.

12. ^Token accomplishment.

13. That's nice dear, but I live in the UK.

14. He was pretty middle of the road, apart from the war on whistleblowers, but at least Darth Cheney wasn't pulling the strings like with the last president.

I'd take a 3rd term of Obama over anyone running for the Republican nomination right now other than Rand happily.

Since our next president will either be Hilldawg or Bernie (I refuse to acknowledge the possibility of one of the GOP winning, because it means I have to get the fuck out of this country as soon as possible), we'll either have more of the same, or Mo'Fuckin' Bernie, it's gonna be yuuuuuge.

15. Stop picking fights, no one cares at this point because you are difficult for the sake of being so. Say something nice once in a while.

16. I never really gave much of a shit about politics.. but if I did, I'd probably say that he wasn't a bad president. I truly believe he want into it thinking he could and would make major changes.. I mean, everyone thinks they can do a better job.. but that he went into it with good intentions of actual good things. Then he got railroaded and held up by our shitty political system.. and I say it is because he failed to capture the American people. It is kind of hard to get everyone since we are "united" by our division, but think he did ok with what he was given.

17. Fuck Obama and the horse he rode in on. That is all.

18. Let's be honest here. He'll only be remembered in history because of the color of his skin.

19. Did his daddy whisper "save my reputation" in his ear? No. Did he go against the UN and invade Iraq anyway? No. Did he ignore Osama Bin Laden and go after Saddam Hussein? No. Did he arrange it so that Americans loose thier fucking house? No. He saved that. Did he say "no education for America?" Or did he create FASFA so we can be educated?

Nobody was more full of shit in the last 50 years than George W. Bush. Bush was worse for America than Nixon was.