How long until I can harvest?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DopeFlow, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Too many variables to give a predicted date. But you might be two weeks away.

2. The standard forum answer no matter what picture you post is "you need to wait another week or so".

Just from the pictures you posted, it looks like you are in the ballpark and could be ready to chop.. No one can be sure what the best day will be for you and the strain you are growing. It might be the perfect high for you right now, or it might be a better high if you wait three weeks.

If it is the first time growing a strain, I do what the package says. Make adjustments on the next cycle. Go a week or two more if you need it stronger. Less if it gives you too much couch lock.

The trichs on your bud look milky and that is what you want. As they start to turn amber, you will see less clear ones and a bigger percent of milky. Don't go too much amber or it will start degrading. My wife likes the 50% amber weird high, so that is what we adjusted to. Most folks like it only slightly amber (a few scattard amber trich here and there.). Most important is as few clear trichs as possible.

Sorry not a good clear answer.

3. "Whole plant" and "whole flower" pictures would also help folks answer more definitively, too.

Good luck. No matter what you have some pretty flowers.

I will leave you with this - there's nothing worse than immature buds, so if you're unsure - at ALL, then wait another week. It's amazing how much more your buds can put on weight and mature in just a week so wait that week if there's any question at all.

Another way to tell when you're close is the amount of water your plants will drink. You'll find that during their veg and flower cycles, when your plants are happy, healthy and growing, that they will use fairly consistent amounts of water to keep the soil moist. At the very end, when your buds are mature, they will suddenly stop "drinking" and your soil will just stay moist. That's a sure sign that they are either done or getting very close.

J

4. great advice

5. I could leave those for a week maybe even two before I even thought about chopping those. If your using chemical nutes your gonna want to flush your plant for a minimum of 7 days too( I'd do 10 days ) hold out as long as you can and you will only benefit from it. I've chopped plants down a week or two early before because I couldn't wait. . . . . Wish I'd waited now. Keep an eye on you thrics tho bud. Looks nice from what I can see a few more pics of buds and maybe the plant would be nice. 😉

Happy growing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Sorry to repost. What strain. Is it how long have you been flowering so far and what setup you using? Sorry for all the q's just curious

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. The original post is from October 2015

You gave the standard forum answer.