Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I decarb weed on a pan using stove?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Baker_, Oct 21, 2015.

1. I dont have an oven, i can only use a stove or a microwave.

2. if you only have the stove part of your oven to use and not the oven itself I would recommend using a boiling water bath (therefore I don't believe just a pan would be appropriate) but if you have the oven to use there are ways to decarb your green that way too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. #3 PatrickXy6dC, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    gorilla_glue has it right, use a boiling water bath. Seal your cannabis in a bag or jar. Weight the bag/jar so it won't just float on the water. There are various instructions on line, if you Google the process, but I would keep it in the water for an hour, maybe hour and 15 minutes. The thread incredible, edible herb, in particular Bad Kitty Smiles thread, may give directions on this too. I've heard of people using those bags for cooking poultry and such. Good luck.

4. #4 SergeantMeowstein, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    What are you decarbing it for, may I ask?
    A kettle and some moderately high-fat butter should do the trick for edibles. If you're planning to smoke/vape, I'd go with Joker11211952's boiling water tip. I'd recommend using a jar instead of a plastic bag. That stuff can melt.

EDIT: According to many sources, simply smoking/vaping the product will contribute to decarbing it.

5. For SergeantMewstein: I do believe that decarbing your green turns the THCA (non-psychoatctive) molecules of the cannabis plant into THC (psychoactive) molecules. So I guess it would be for getting you higher than if you hadn't decarbed it.

6. Have you considered buying a toaster-oven?

7. Can you not get a cooking pot fill it with water, Get another pot and put it inside your first pot then add high fat oil or butter or coconut milk and when the first pot with the water has started simmering add your weed and cook for 1-2 hours?

8. decarb infohttp://goodleaf.com/blogs/cannabis-and-food/31451267-decarboxylation-heat-eat

Cannabis can be decarbed in a microwave as well.
    The moisture created in a microwave is a better conductor of heat and
    as such is far more efficient at decarbing your marijuana than the dry
    air of a convection oven. Nuke the buds for 2-3 minutes. They won't get
    much hotter than boiling water (100C, 212F).

Temperature matters. The Cannabis.com forums provided a great
    resource for the various temperatures by which the active compounds
    (Phytocannabinoids) in cannabis are activated. If you're using an oven,
    be sure to invest in a good thermometer to ensure that the temperature
    is exactly where you want it to be to get the results you're looking
    for. Laser thermometers are pretty cool and easy to use.

Easy Steps to Decarboxylation http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

"...Consumer grade ovens are not always exact so I decided to shoot for a
    decarboxylation temperature of around 240 Fahrenheit. This should
    produce quick results without losing any medicinal potency. 30 minutes
    seemed like a nice round number for a first test and should give the
    kief and trim plenty of time to come up to temperature.

Kief has a tendency to ball up in the bag which could lead to uneven
    temperatures and possibly uneven decarboxylation. Before I put it in the
    oven, I loosened up the clumps with a fork. While most of the trim was
    already fairly broken up from its time in the kief tumbler, there were
    still some budlets in the trim that I wanted to break apart."