Aweks Winter Run, Blue Cheese, NYC Diesel, Sour Diesel, Lemon Diesel, Diesel Power. 4x4 and 10x5 tents.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by awek420, Oct 21, 2015.

1. I'm starting a little late with the journal, but oh well.

I've got some Blue Cheese plants, and a variety of Diesels. All started from clones. The blue cheese is having a hard time for some reason, seems to of locked up, so some flushing and corrections will be happening soon. The Diesels are doing great.

Just set up my new Veg room today, gonna throw the plants in it tomorrow. Right now they are in my 10x5 flowering tent, under 2 600W MH's. They will go in my new 4x4 tent under a 432W T5 fixture.

Gonna slap the T5 right up against the plant tips, get the node spacing as tight as possible. Also I can put all the plants under the T5, compared to needing 2 big hoods. Saves a LOT on power lol. 432 compared to 1200 for the same, or better results.

Attached Files:

2. #2 awek420, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015

3. Before super cropping.

Attached Files:

4. After super cropping. Looks mighty good! Also stuck the Diesels on a box to lift them higher.

Gonna transplant the Diesels into 5's whenever everything grows too big for all of the plants to be in the 4x4. Then I will put the 8 Blue Cheese plants back in the flower room under just one of the 600's.

The Cheese's are just starting their recovery from a lockout, they locked when I got them, after a bad reaction to my medium from their original medium. Hopefully a couple more weeks and they will look like nothing ever happened :)

5. Oops forgot to add pics lol.

Attached Files:

6. #6 awek420, Oct 23, 2015
    The T5 gets a little warmer than I was hoping, but not too warm that I can't push it pretty darn close! I'm at 4 inches from canopy after cropping, which will end up at 1 or 2 inches after they perk back up.

It's at 6 or 7 inches above in the pics.

7. Treated the soil with Dolomite lime, gonna transplant the Diesels soon, will treat them with the lime as well. Why doesn't everyone use this stuff? With how many cal/mag deficiencies I see, and how many PH problems people have, it just seems like such a simple fix. I think it should be put in most mediums to begin with.

8. sweet setuo its lookn nice

9. #9 awek420, Oct 23, 2015
    Thanks man! I'll take some pics later this evening showing how they look all look perked back up from the super cropping.

Won't look so much like a lawnmower ran over them lol :)

10. Gotta say I am liking the new light a lot! The growth seems to be a lot more luscious under the T5, compared under the MH.

11. Diesels.

Attached Files:

12. #12 awek420, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    After figuring out my damn PH problems, they seem to be very healthy. Growth rate increased tenfold, color restored, and they seem happy as can be :)

And the super cropping is looking good too!

13. Dropped the T5 down to 2 inches from canopy :) Hope to see some tight nodes now!

Attached Files:

14. Seems like I'm not getting any heat stress or taco shelling, even if some leafs press against the bulbs a tad. I use silica, which helps a bit.

15. They are staying stout!

Attached Files:

16. Ohhhhh the question of how long I should veg these.. Maybe until they fill the 4x4... Maybe only another week.. Maybe somewhere in between.. Lol. They are growing pretty quick at this point.

When I switch they will go in the 10x5 under the 3 600's, and I'm wanting 4 per plant at least. Gonna need at least another week of veg to do that, probably closer to 2. But maybe I'll let them go a tad bigger and hope for 5 each ;P

17. By this point, I probably sound like a spokesperson for whoever made this T5 fixture, but hot damn, I like this light lol.

It's a perfect fit in my small tent, it has an excellent light footprint/coverage area, and it gives tighter growth than my 600's do (at this size). Not to mention nice and cool, quiet, and much more efficient.

Anyways, here's the diesels again. They were just waking up, being a little droopy, asking for breakfast lol.

I haven't been taking photos of the Blue Cheese recently, because I'm nursing them back to health after some PH issues caused some lock out. Another week or so and they'll look prime again :)

Attached Files:

18. So many leaves!! You letting it go au naturale or gonna defol a little?

19. I've already cut so much off them lol. Had to keep the growth out of the dirt. With the super cropping, I had a lot of branches hanging down real low. So I lollipopped them as best I could. I need to touch up that closest one a bit lol. Can't even see it's stalk!

20. I need them to yield at least 4 each. They will be under 1800W (3 600's) once they are in flower.

I over vegged my last grow 3 1/2 months), and completely stuffed my 10x5 room with 6 plants. They outgrew their 5 gallon pots, and locked up a bit towards the end of flowering, and they never swelled up at the end like they should have. Ended up with a ton of popcorn, and a ton of half size top buds.