When should I attempt flower in this

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MikeyTheRucc, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Weekly update here I went and got some Morton Epsom salts and will be mixing into the next water will post some pics of how she takes to it. Well here she is about 28 days into the the flower cycle also waiting on the leds set up to come in ,can't wait to see the difference between the two lights

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

2. [​IMG]

Here's why I think I need Epsom salts the tips are burnt and even some leaves are burnt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The buds look great though haha

[​IMG]

3. Nice, you can also spray the epsom salt on in a foliar spray.

4. Oh I thought it'd be bad for the nuggets lol I'll take a spray bottle full to the foliage as well then thanks Gilman.

5. Read the instructions, but it should be like 1 TBS or something to 32 flOz.

6. Yea I had put 2 Tbsp to a gallon and just filled my spray bottle from there, I sprayed from underneath the leaves a bit less than half the bottle it was probably the same amount as a normal size bottle of water like 12 FL Oz

7. What's up guys just updating here first month of flower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Might be a little light burn there too. Sometimes a problem can cause another problem. If your light is burning the leaves it might be stressing another part of the plant out causing a nutrient problem as well. You might have a little bit of both. I think if you raise the lights about 4" the leaves should not get worse.

9. Hey what's up audio I wanted to make this compost mix you had left here had a quick question does this mix need to cook for a month for the ingredients to become available for the plant? Thanks in advance hope all is going well with your plants

10. Ok so I moved the lights away as far as I can from my girl on the hanger bar I'm feeling kinda nice because the seeds I germinated Saturday and planted yesterday sprouted today right in front of me it was so epic! Take a look

[​IMG]

11. Also anyone ever hear of using lady bugs as a pest control I fear with the way my family doesn't care if there are fruit gnats in the garbage or not will be a long time issue I must overcome to have a truly successful grow any idea would be cool. Love this Sub-Forum and the people in it regularly help me out fam!

12. Doing well as far as I can see top nodes are getting some purple in them lower nodes are getting bigger as well hope all is well out there for everyone haven't seen anyone really in GC in a while but here's my lady anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I love that bud! Good job there buddy.

14. Thanks Gilman you've been a huge help along with all the GC OG'S this grow has went better than I ever imagined it and has brought my long dream to a reality not that it is over yet by a long shot I want to be great at this on a larger scale. This grow made me realize this is my passion more than I thought before.

15. Have a quick question as I still have no scope to see my trichromes yet do you guys think it's time to harvest or do I still have a couple days or weeks

[​IMG]

This is the best I can do with my phone camera which I was actually pretty impressed by haha.

[​IMG]

Please help lol I don't want to mess this girl up now that I'm here.

16. Looks like about a 50-50 mix of clear and cloudy.. Still needs a week or more in my book.. I like enough amber it shows in broad swatches of color.. It's real far done for most people.. I'd wait until I found at least a few a ambers and you want to look-take your sample snips from deep in the plant where the light doesn't reach.. Bright light-sun can falsely ripen zones exposed to continuous lighting.. Just dig deep for your samples for a true read on ripeness..
    BNW

17. Hmm I hadn't really thought of taking a sample bud to taste. How's that done again with the microwave or something like that. Anyway thanks on the reply I figured I'd wait another week anyway because I'm feeding today and then I'll let her dry out pretty good before I pull her.

18. I mean like a tiny pencil eraser size or smaller in to the table for a look.. I use a 60-100x power microscope for a good look.. Radio shack 15 bucks..
    BNW

19. Does anyone that subbed this thread or seeing this use these and can you explain how to use them correctly. Is it that I should pull the plant dry it for a few days trim and manicure it so I have buds and trim separate then finish drying for the rest of the week with the drying rack which after the buds and trim feels dry enough I will then begin the curing process with my jars.

20. Also do I need the keep the buds in complete darkness after I chop and dry the plant as whole or can it subjected to light after 3 or 4 days of drying in complete darkness and being snipped from the main stem also should I trim my buds wet or after I dry them but before I put them on the drying rack for the last 3 days so I can keep it separate? Lol so many thoughts....