When should I attempt flower in this

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MikeyTheRucc, Oct 20, 2015.

1. #21 MikeyTheRucc, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015

Damn that's a bit to much operation for me right now what about led lights do they produce that much heat that they could be a fire hazard and I don't have a fan sucking out the air just one blowing air on the plant . I want get a good yield man lol. But seriously tho I need to maximize my closet grow without modifying my houses walls etc. I mean for this grow I'm just going to add two and replace two with the 2500k bulbs of a higher wattage hopefully that helps me boost my yield. I also move my plant and lights so that one set of lights is always getting the new smaller growth down below. Also have some lst going on in the pic but it's very light just hanging nuts and other semi heavy things to the stems to let light on the stems and undergrowth. I was doing some bending of the two top colas and split a little bit of the main stem lol so I've been taking it light on her. But I am Def looking to make grow tents in the future as I am in school for hvac so I can at least make them for myself. Thanks for the help fellas

2. What WW said!! If you HAVE to use cfls you'll get much more from using both 2700 and 6500k and as many of them as you can get in there...might consider the 150 to 200 watt bulb. However, as WW said, an hps or led would serve you better. Best of luck!

3. #23 Mona, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    Damn that's a bit to much operation for me right now what about led lights do they produce that much heat that they could be a fire hazard and I don't have a fan sucking out the air just one blowing air on the plant . I want get a good yield man lol. But seriously tho I need to maximize my closet grow without modifying my houses walls etc. I mean for this grow I'm just going to add two and replace two with the 2500k bulbs of a higher wattage hopefully that helps me boost my yield. I also move my plant and lights so that one set of lights is always getting the new smaller growth down below. Also have some lst going on in the pic but it's very light just hanging nuts and other semi heavy things to the stems to let light on the stems and undergrowth. I was doing some bending of the two top colas and split a little bit of the main stem lol so I've been taking it light on her. But I am Def looking to make grow tents in the future as I am in school for hvac so I can at least make them for myself. Thanks for the help fellas
    </blockquote>
    I've seen mars hydro 300watt led panels on ebay for $68-90. I've also seen 180 watt panels for 35 but takes several weeks to get. I've seen some good results with both.

I use and have had good results from galaxy hydro 300 watt dimmable. From ebay, I got 2 for $95.

Cfls can get it done for sure, just wanted to give some info.

Do you know what strain? It's a nice looking plant.
    And there is way less heat with leds.

4. Damn that's a bit to much operation for me right now what about led lights do they produce that much heat that they could be a fire hazard and I don't have a fan sucking out the air just one blowing air on the plant . I want get a good yield man lol. But seriously tho I need to maximize my closet grow without modifying my houses walls etc. I mean for this grow I'm just going to add two and replace two with the 2500k bulbs of a higher wattage hopefully that helps me boost my yield. I also move my plant and lights so that one set of lights is always getting the new smaller growth down below. Also have some lst going on in the pic but it's very light just hanging nuts and other semi heavy things to the stems to let light on the stems and undergrowth. I was doing some bending of the two top colas and split a little bit of the main stem lol so I've been taking it light on her. But I am Def looking to make grow tents in the future as I am in school for hvac so I can at least make them for myself. Thanks for the help fellas
    </blockquote>
    I've seen mars hydro 300watt led panels on ebay for $68-90. I've also seen 180 watt panels for 35 but takes several weeks to get. I've seen some good results with both.

I use and have had good results from galaxy hydro 300 watt dimmable. From ebay, I got 2 for $95.

Cfls can get it done for sure, just wanted to give some info.

Do you know what strain? It's a nice looking plant.
    And there is way less heat with leds.</p></blockquote>Thanks for your input I'll Def be looking into those galaxy bulbs I only have about 3 square feet of space in there so I'm guessing one would be more than enough how much heat does it give off and does it require much wiring/setup if any and could you give me the lighting parameters for veg and for flower stages Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

5. The galaxy hydro will probably give off a little more than the mars but if you can keep it about 10 inches above the plant you'll be golden. A desk top fan should keep it cool enough in there. The most I've had to do is an oscillating fan.
    One panel would be enough, especially for one plant. I used cfl's around the bottom. My tent is about that size too.
    You're welcome to check out my thread.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1381867-Mona's-Multi-Strain-Autos The beginning posts show a short rider in this set up.

6. LEDs that are powerful enough to be good for growing still produce heat and can produce a lot of heat, but it's more ambient like the CFLs produce. HPS bulbs produce a lot of heat and they direct it out from the bulb like the sun, they shine it down on your plants, but leds and cfls leak the heat out the back. That means you can get them closer without burning the plants, but it also means that eventually you need just as much ventilation as with HPS.

LEDs are also very expensive, you can often get a whole HPS tent kit, fan and filter, for the price of an LED panel, but you could replace your CFLs with a 300w led grow light and probably not need any extra fans or whatever than you would need anyway with what you have.

pros and cons, pros and cons. There will always be someone come along who says that if you don't have 1000w hps then you don't have nothin', personally I would recommend you complete what you have and see what you get, think about what was good and what you want to do better or different next time, then use all that experience to help you upgrade however you choose.

7. Another fyi. Your plant can easily double in size. Have you considered some lst so you get the most of your light.

8. Yeah I mentioned my lst situation at the top of page 3 Mona. And Thanks Howando I have a lot of thinking to do then in terms of lighting in reference to yield and fire hazards as i finish up this grow . But I don't live in a Marijuana friendly state so I need to keep it small and simple also.

9. Sorry I missed the lst posts. Anyway, I wish you the best.

10. No its fine lol i hate reading thru every comment too haha but yeah I appreciate your help and thanks for the reply

11. Hey mikey!! How goes it?

12. Hey what's up Mona the plants doing well I watered the shit out of it without noticing the runoff lol but I fixed it and I'm just about to do a weekly post on my journal thread but I'm going to most likely be buying the lights today and then going to go get an air pump and stone for my nute mix by wednsday or Thursday I should be going into flower

13. Sounds good. Looking forward to the update☺ Have a lovely day!

14. Have you tried any SST? It's pretty amazing what corn and/or malted barley do!

15. Never heard of it I'm still learning everything but I'm going to research it now

16. Wow that's intense I definitely will be using that when I get my op more refined right now I've been making an all organic "slurry" and am going to finish out this grow with it , I'm just activating it now with the air pump as I recently learned about doing that. But I'm only doing a one plant op for a while until I can figure out a good design for a grow room I want to make my own with a lot of goodies in it.

17. I've used primarily kelp, alfalfa, ewc and, of course, barley & corn sprouts.
    I'll be looking for your update. Good luck & have a good day ☺

18. [​IMG]

So as its set up right here in this pic do I look ready to change lighting schedule for flower. Or should I wait till lights off cycle and soil is dry (which would be thursday, the soil would simultaneously be ready for feeding at this time as well.) Thanks for the input!

19. She looks great!! I'm more familiar with autos. With that said, I'd finish this day's cycle and flip at lights on. I don't believe soil wet dampness matters much. As for feeding (if I understand your inquiry), I wouldn't change anything until after stretch. I know you're organic, are you using any type of bottled nutes?
    Flowering needs less N and more P & K, so adjust slurries accordingly.
    I've read so many peoples threads, lol, it's hard to remember who's doing what. And rereading just gets cumbersome.
    Anyway, she looks good....she's just that beautiful green👍

20. I must've had my thumb on part of the pic, that fan leaf closest to the fan....is that light bleach or are you working on a def??