Dr. Earth newbie grow journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by iriewifey, Oct 20, 2015.

1. You near LA? I am trying to find the GG#4 clones near me was hoping you picked yours up from a shop =)

2. Yeah it's like darker on one side and a lighter green near the veins. I'm actually in Sacramento ☺ I'm sure you could find gg#4 near you though
    Its the left side of the leaf is dark green and the right is light green

3. K I will start digging around today :) and ya I am sure a few places out here will have good clones just don't know anyone that has gotten them so hesitant to trust a places genetics. I am planning on hitting buds and roses soon and getting some of the raspberry or strawberry cough not sure which it was.

4. I was going to get strawberry cough but decided on chocolate hashberry instead. She's a beaut though, very happy with that choice! I don't think I've ever heard of raspberry cough. I posted on a different thread and someone said it might be because my temps are dropping too low at night. Def a possibility

5. I go to the same dispensary every time so I have a good relationship with all the people there and for the most part trust them. Never know though, the world is sometimes a shady place

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah in LA there are dispensaries everywhere and 99% of the growers I talk to are yield fiends who literally could give two shits about soil needs and the plant itself just want $$. Yeah I found some clones online for GG#4 I may grab some of those to play with. Alright I got my rugrat down for a nap gonna look into your leaf situation. What are your day night high lows in the space and you have a hygrometer?

7. Has growth slowed at all? Or is it just the coloring at the moment also? And are any of the lower/lowest leaves turning yellow at all?

8. I do have a hydrometer. During the day temps are at 77 degrees I haven't been able to check night temps I keep forgetting but I would say nothing colder than 60. The one I'm most worried about the color with is actually my fastest growing plant and is actually getting too tall lol. Here are some updated pics. First two are chocolate hashberry (fucking beautiful plant!) Next 3 pictures are gorilla glue #4(notice the red stems but also how tall she is) last 2 is green ribbon(feeling like its growth is stunted?)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok. So far so good.
    More will pop in now. I'll spread the word

• Like Like x 3
  10. Subbed 😆

• Like Like x 1
  11. :lol::p thanks for the subs guys I'd love any and all help I can get..... thought I'd share my new grinder. You guys ever see one like this? It doesn't have teeth like most grinders do

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. If growth is continuing like normal I wouldn't worry about the stem color at all. If there are other indicators showing up that's when you will get a better idea if it is just genetics. The one you think may be stunted could be needing more root space if there are no other signs of problems. Upward and outward growth is usually matched below surface in some way. Are you doing any low stress training like tying your tops down gently or anything? How big are the containers? Health looks good to me. And the leaves half and half I am still trying to find more info on. Again though if growth is fast and healthy looking should be good. One thing to consider is different strains will have quirks and such to learn and deal with. When growing indoor my understanding is having the same size and strain can make your life easier. A variety while excellent for learning and flavors can add to confusion in your garden if you're unfamiliar with the pros and cons of each. Some will favor warmth some cold. Some finish faster or much slower and some you'll want to let get a bit colder at night to bring out certain colors and so on. This makes the if everything seems healthy you're good point especially fitting here. I love all the fresh journals I'm seeing so much early plant growth it is helping me identify things and offering me so many solutions to problems so I can find exactly what works for me. Have you looked at the 24w LED bulbs on amazon? 15-45 dollars screw into any light socket that I think is e27 or whatever basically your nightstand or desk light or normal bulb lamps around your house. These are excellent for small grows as supplemental lighting actually offering vastly better spectrums than cfls and tubes. I have a buddy who has 4 just a plug and socket for light and the light plugged in they dangle around his tent. Cheap very effective addition to little areas. I am getting some for my tent or possibly a 180w or 300w led to assist my 400w hps. And one for patio room for the outdoors at night. Just some ideas. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. that is called variegation, it's actually beautiful too, nice. It's nothing bad, just a genetic trait. Some plants do half bright yellow, half dark green, pretty crazy.

• Like Like x 7
  14. That's good news! I thought it was awfully beautiful but just figured it was some sort of deficiency. Thanks for the info! :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. I haven't done any LST on any of these guys. It kinda got too late into it and just said f it. Lol. Two are topped and one is fimed. I'm totally thinking of writing in a journal all the different traits and quirks each strain has so I can look back on it another time if I grow the same strain down the road :) I'm looking into getting a nice LED grow light my next paycheck because I wanted to flower under LED rather than CFLs. Also will be getting g a grow tent so I can control everything a lot better

• Like Like x 3
  16. Oh also they are all in 5 gallon buckets

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lookin' good Wifey. 🏼 It'll be even more exciting when you get a LED!

• Like Like x 3
  18. thanks much!! Any of you guys have suggestions on LED brands?

19. Platinum LED. You got my email I think.

20. what wattage should I get for 3-4 plant grow?