Need advice on how to flush plants growing in ProMix.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growmama, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Hope you all are having a great night! I need some help with flushing my plants. I have googled and looked up the best way to flush nutes out but everyone is so different it's confusing me.

So I am growing my plants in 5 gallon pots with ProMix. And I read that I should use a flushing agent for it. Is this true?

I have about 2-3 weeks left until I harvest. When should I start flushing? And how? I'm soooo lost.

Please help! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445214970.729119.jpg

2. #2 #Groot, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    Flush is with Water.... Straight water... ( R/O ? CLEAN WATER )

Hope you have good draining soil.... Cause you need to OVER WATER....
    Get water Flowing out of the Bottom.... This Flushes any heavy shit you might have over done...
    But if it doesn't drain good.... it can be a mess...with lasting water drowning your plant
    on top of the Nute Burn... You'd be in for Stress delay.... maybe a couple weeks...

Oooops... Your Flushing for Harvest...

Just use water the last week before the Cut... It's that simple...

The plant can use Fan leaves as Back-up if it needs something...

3. Some flush 2 weeks before harvest but groot is right just give it some water till it comes out the bottom and don't feed it fert anymore make sure you empty your waste tray cause it'll suck the crap back up simple

4. All a flush is is running tap water through the plant 3:1...gallons of water to gallon of pot size. So if you're flushing a 3 gallon, run 9 gallons of tap water through with the last one being pH adjusted. That's a flush. Not much to it. I don't know anything about Promix other than a lot of the organic growers use it. Have no idea whether you need to flush it or not, but it's been my experience that at this point, you're wasting your time. I've done it several times and never been able to tell a bit of difference. TWW

5. Flushing is why I switched to organics. Half my grow (4x 10 gal pots) would require 120 gallons of water just to remove excess salts. Same yield either way, except one method requires a shitload of extra work.

Some people measure efficiency by grams per watt of electricity, I measure efficiency by the amount of work I have to put in to the grow. Flushing 240 gallons of water through my soil so I can get the same exact results I get with organics is a waste of resources.

6. Just switch to water only for the last week to week and a half. No need to run huge amounts of water through at one time unless you have been severely over feeding.

7. Did you add nutes during growth (hydroponic for example)? If not ....don't bother flushing

I use pro mix as my grow medium (after mixing perilite with it in a 50/50 ratio) in a top feed return to reservoir hydroponic system. I flush for the last week or so by partially filling my res with plain water and running it through the medium and returning to the res. What I strive for is to have the return fluid to increase the ppm in the res from 0 to roughly 300. I then water with what's in the res for the duration of the flush time. I don't like to keep running 0 ppm water as I have read it it easier on the plants to keep a few nutes for them. Many crops have turned out well with this system.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not in promix thats pretty much hydro. One week toos maybe 4 or 5 days