PC tower grow advice

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by PigeonPoop22, Oct 17, 2015.

1. [​IMG]Hey Grasscity! This is my first post so bare with me. I have two old Hp compaq mid size towers that are around 8 years old each (Dimensions are 13"x14"). They are too old for me to upgrade the hardware into anything useful and they are just taking up space at this point. Anyway, I've read about various people turning their old towers into stealth grow boxes and thought that it was a very creative idea and I want to try it myself. This would be my first time ever growing and I don't have a large budget ($80 max). Im not expecting a big yield or anything like that, just a little for myself. (A gram lasts me a week and a half if I'm smoking every day)
    The current idea I have is to remove the top panel of one of the towers and stack them on top of one another to maximize my space (They have been sitting stacked on top of one another in the corner of my room behind a piano for a good year already so my roommates would'nt notice the difference). I would also be using lots of scrogging and LST techniques to get the most out of what I have. Im already working on gutting the first tower right now so any ideas/advice are greatly appreciated. I'll upload some pics of the towers later.

2. Here's one of the towers. (Just finished gutting it, the drive bays were a piece of work). Theres another tower exactly like it that I plan to do the same with.

Attached Files:

3. I'm also going to start a pic grow my first too hopefully by the end of this month so I'll be post here and in myosin journal as well

4. Good luck with it. Heat will be your biggest issue using something like that. Anytime you try to grow in a confined space with a light, heat is your issue so go ahead and start figuring intake and output so you can move the heat away from your plant. Heat will put a plant down fast. You'll also need constant air circulation in the box at all times too. This disperses heat and strengthens your plant. You've got to get a plant from seed or start with a clone, but vegging it is the first step. You sure aren't working with much of a budget, but if you'll do the research and figure everything out before you put it together, you might be able to grow one out of that box. It's not going to yield you much at all and I wouldn't get delusions of growing anymore than one plant. The light you flower with is going to determine how good a harvest you get, but with a decent flowering light comes even more heat. With no more space than you've got to work with, you're probably going to have to do the whole thing in CFLs so you need to read up on it and find out which spectrum vegges and which flowers with the CFLs since it's different for each. Good luck!

5. Pretty sure each one has a fan or two in it. Hope you didnt toss them. Its possible for sure, just read up on other pc grows a lot of them out there. And smell is gonna be a big concern with roomates I'm assuming.