First Indoor grow, transplanting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zepdrummer64, Oct 13, 2015.

1. So i sprouted some bag seed just for fun with the intentions of removing males and doing a low maintenance grow, that produced beautiful flowers, regardless of size. I had them in miracle gro natures care organic soil, with a 1/4 dose of nature's care blood meal 12-0-0. My lighting is an overhead fluorescent ballast with 1 T8 and 1 T12 "grow" bulbs (4ft) and seperate and lower, 2 T5s (4ft) -- until i can expand my budget, most of this grow is cheaper/less attention drawing --. The lights stay on 24/0, I do not monitor the humidity/temperature, as they are suitable. I have yet to actually water enough to see runoff, therefore I haven't checked the pH either. I frequently have myself, and/or trusted others in with the plants so they are probably getting adequate co2, but I know it could be better. I do water them, however until I transplant all of them to the new soil, I am reluctant to really soak the soil, as mold was almost an issue once already.

There are 3 plants in the pictures below that have been transplanted into the new soil already, they were the test 3 to see if could do it successfully. The oldest plant was looking beautiful until the cotyledons began to yellow/brown and die, and the stem from there up was mostly purple/slight red. I did some research and found it to be most similar to a Mg deficiency, which makes sense because my organic soil has little nutrients in it. So i finally made it to a shop near me that i didnt even know existed!, and bought roots organic original soil. I figured this soil to feed it plenty through its veg, as I plan on flowering them around 12" - 18" tall. After that I planned on feeding them organicare bloom food about 1 week before i put them in 12/12.

So the transplant was successful, as they seemed to only take a couple days before they were growing again, but the growth seems quite slow, particularly the oldest plant. Actually the oldest plant most definitely SHRUNK. I feel like the leaves on the two plants in the same pot (also transplanted) shrunk as well, but they are at least visibly growing. Im really looking for any advice/help/criticism! If you need more pictures, just let me know, i apologize they aren't labeled in these pics!

Thank you in advance!!!

Attached Files:

2. they look good to me. nice green color. for the future though avoid anything made by miracle gro. their products are not designed with cannabis in mind and they are owned by scotts, which is owned by Monsanto, which is pretty fucking evil.

3. Miracle Gro will grow plants...it nursemaided a bagseed plant i mostly ignored and i pulled about 3/4 oz off of her altogether, decent smoke, but harsh tasting...

my next grow, i will not be using it because the consensus is that it is bad for a multitude of reasons, the biggest of which, for me, is that i plan on using a nute line and teas this time and i worry about the slow release ferts in MG products and how that will interact with other methods of feeding

on slow growth after transplanting...that's not uncommon, depending on your method of transplanting...i am gonna assume what has happened is you have switched to a new soil...they are accustoming themselves and trying to establish their roots in it, which is likely causing a lil stress...be gentle, don't fool with them too much and they will get over it...make sure you are watering well to keep your soil moist but not soggy...root establishment needs that moist to go well

4. I plan on posting an update of the status of the transplanted ones. I'll get some progress pics tomorrow morning, because last i noticed, the cotyledons were starting to yellow (and the stem above it red/purple) on the transplants Thanks for your input!