These leaves do NOT look right...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DIYGrow420, Oct 13, 2015.

1. #1 DIYGrow420, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
    Hello everyone.

So I started this bag seed 10 days ago, and she was a super late bloomer (first leaves on the 7th day above ground)! I did put it in a big pot, so I figured the root system had to be made first. It is looking very deformed, and odd. Let me just show you a couple different angles. All this growing was in 3-4 days. I figure I'll keep letting (hopefully)her grow and see if it fixes itself.

Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg

2. #2 The Widow White, Oct 13, 2015
    What kind of soil have you got it planted it. Looks like you have some nute burn on some of the leaves. Since it's that young, I wouldn't think you would've put anything on them other than water. If that's the case, your soil may have some stuff in it that you're not aware of. Some of the soils, even though they say organic, actually have fertilizers, etc., in them that can burn your plants. Not sure without you going a little deeper into your grow and process, but it looks like some nute burn to me. You say they're bag seeds, so you may have some weird genetic malformation going on or something, but even then you shouldn't have browning on your leaves for a plant that age. Any of this ringing a bell? LOL Leave it alone. It's not dead, so hopefully it's not going to die. If it had something in the soil that will burn it, you could give it a good flush and try to get it out. Keep in mind though that if you flush, the plant is going to be totally dependent on you for it's nutrition. What kind of soil do you have it planted in. I don't see a lot of Perlite in there, so I'm guessing it's not a branded grow soil? TWW

3. #3 DIYGrow420, Oct 13, 2015
    I actually have no clue what soil it is, but there are added nutes. These little spheres, I tried to get them all but must have missed a few. There isn't much of any perlite that I see in it. My water is a high ph of 7, will be fixed once I get the rest of my stuff from amazon. I could flush it and have tiger bloom, big bloom and grow big to supply nutes. Would I do 1/4 strength? It is very young still.

4. If you have the little spheres those are commercial time release nutrients, not a good choice. You can't flush that out.
    But... doesn't look too burned, and it's a bag seed so let it ride.
    Some plants just have this thing of growing weird leaves the first few nodes. I've never had one NOT grow out of that, if that's what it is.

Get the pH fixed quick - 6.5 to 6.8. Each time you water get 25% runoff - like if you use a gallon you should get a quart runoff. Check the pH of the runoff and compare to the original pH of the water going in, adjust next watering cycle accordingly. You're looking for corrections toward the right direction more than an actual value. Meaning, if you put 6.5 in and it comes out 7.0, then next time put in 6.0 and see how it comes out. Repeat until it stays in the 6.5 to 6.8 range.
    On the nutes, drain-to-waste is 50% strength of the recommended dosage. Then the next water is straight pH'ed water. On the 3rd watering I would use blackstrap molasses, about 3-4 tablespoons to a gallon of water. So it's nutes-water-molasses then start over.
    And WhiteWidow makes a good point, not much perlite. You are early in the grow - buy a bag and re-mix about 1/3 by volume of perlite to your dirt. Just be gentle getting the plant out and back in.

OK, dinnertime, hope this helps. Welcome to Grass City & bestaluck to ya.

5. Had a couple of sprouts that looked similar to those, pushed through and turned out to be some of my best performers.

6. Thanks everyone for your replies.
    There is an issue with my prepaid card, the company that amazon ordered it through doesnt like it, so I have to wait to transfer the funds, then get the supplies. Probably about a week or two sadly.

I can try to find some perlite, might have to be another online order. I've checked all my local stores and they don't carry it / didn't have it at the time. Ill try to get ahold of it.

Hopefully it does perform. I'm super excited and love growing cannabis thus far. Hopefully the excitement doesn't fade too much after a few grows.

7. Not sure if your stateside // US? You can get perlite at any garden store / nursery / Home Depot, probably at Walmart too.

8. #8 DIYGrow420, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    The walmart near me doesn't have any perlite, at least not in inventory. I'll probably just get it online when I get the funds (or maybe when I order seeds).

This really is just a test run.