Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash like cannabis ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WCG, Oct 12, 2015.

1. #1 WCG, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    first post here
    I haven't smoked grass since the 80s. I was smoking Columbian Gold and Blonde Lebanese Hash when I quit. I never liked the skunk weed when it started coming around here in Cali in the early 80s as it made me insane. So I'm thinking about smoking grass when it becomes legal here in 2017 (fingers crossed).
    I know it might sound funny as I'm looking on the web forums doing some research about it but I want to know what I'm smoking when I do light up again. I'll most likely vape it.
    Is there any grass strains that are reminiscent of hash ?
    Grass smelled and tasted like dirt to me compared to hash...that could have been why I quit.

WCG

These rolling papers are from the 70s

Attached Files:

2. Well in my opinion the best bet is a "hash" strain . There's titles like " blue hash plant " that contain heavy resin levels which in turn can taste like hash . Your best bet is vaporizing hash :) good luck in your journey back into this technology filled marijuana culture . check out wax / dabs /

3. thanks. I Didn't know what dabs were or any of the things stoners are doing now.
    Looks like fun though.

4. Honestly dabbing will get you way too high if you're just starting out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I won't be dabbing.

6. Even average weed tastes a lot like hash. The only thing that cuts the hash taste for me is I roll it in spliffs...

7. Please take it easy when getting back into weed. It is a lot more intense than it was, just use Leafly to identify a strain you're interested in and when it's legal hit up a dispensary that has it or something similar. Ask the budtenders. I'd start with a hit or two Indica to mellow out after all this time, don't be like my Uncle and smoke some dank Sativa that has you out of your mind and way too intensely high. If you decide to roll a joint, which I wouldn't necessarily suggest, just take a hit or so and put it out to come back to. I like that you're interested in vaping but it is a uniquely different high. More...in the background kind of high for me. I'll focus better on things and it will just hit me randomly that I'm high, but to me it's not as giggly or silly. Best of luck man! It's cool to see an old head who calls it grass still. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 WCG, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    thanks I intend to get something with low THC and higher CBD.
    Ill go slow...all I need is a 1 hit.
    My plan is to walk into a dispensary and buy a gram and roll it up and
    See how it makes me feel, if I get a rapid heart beat and paranoid I probably
    Won't smoke it again. If I do enjoy it, I'll buy a vaporizer.

I first got high at a led Zeppelin concert in Oakland, I think it was 1977 or 78 ???
    And I spent the next 10 years high as a kite... Funny thing...I was at another concert
    (Paul McCartney) and someone passed me a joint and I said no thanks...that's when I had just quit.

9. I seem to have some memories.

I was smoking a lot hash that we were getting in Santa Cruz and my best friend's baby died of "crib dead" or sudden infant syndrome ...it was all a big giant bummer and I remember getting some grass and it just tasted like fucking dirt compared to hash and I couldn't get any more hash and I just said forget it...the party is over.