Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you smoke before or after meals? Or both? :)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by deftank, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Hi all.day
    Been smoking/edibles with dank buds for about 4 years now.
    I smoke about half a gram a day at most, usually day-time strains like girl scout, sour d, lemon haze, etc
    i like to cook, too. make a firecracker pretty much every time i pick up some middies.

anyways, getting off topic.

Now, I have been experimenting with eating and smoking up before, after, even during (lol) and just never feel satisfied with my choice.

Like, am i wasting the good herb by smoking before? Or should every toker wait till after breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Honestly, when i have a lot on me, i will smoke before and after, and I enjoy the heck out of it. Especially if i can sit down with some dank food, pop in a movie, and zone out for a few hours...

I don't truly believe it "ruins" the high, it just mellows it out a tiny bit more, but im still baked man.

oh, and tolerance breaks suck when you don't get to smoke all the darn time. especially before
    meals :( that appetite suppressant of not having the cannabinoids after being pretty much ADDICTED for months.

heck even the day after smoking a lot i feel groggy when i see food (but not if im high... hmmm)

2. I prefer after meals, but honestly before is good too!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I like to do it when I don't have a bunch of food in me so it will hit harder. When I have food in my stomach I feel like I don't get as high, or it takes more bud to get there lol. Also I think eating kills the high so I try not to till I'm on the way down

• Like Like x 1
  4. I try to toke before I eat just so I don't eat 2 meals . I do this because of my diet

5. Smoke hybrid sativa two hours before a meal to reduce cravings during meals and a small hit of super(100%) sativa hit after meals to go out and do stuff instead of crashing

6. In honour of Canadian Thanksgiving.. both. 😉

Sent from my HTC Desire 320 using Tapatalk

7. I just saw on my calendar it is Thanksgiving day in Canada, is it the same as like down here, a family gathering and a big turkey dinner? Anyways I prefer to toke after I eat

8. not everyone can hold back. not everyone even has a paycheck [​IMG]

9. Yup, sounds the same.

Except we don't have parades, which I am under the impression you guys do.

10. We do indeed

11. I smoke poppers (bit of a cig + weed in a bong) so I tend to avoid smoking before I eat, as it makes your stomach uneasy instantly

Sent from my HTC Desire 320 using Tapatalk

12. #12 spliffhitter77, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    Depends on how complicated the meal is. And how fucking stoned I am. But usually cooking while high is fun, not a chore, when high. Then smoke again right before I bite into that hot garlicky tuna melt. Ermzzzz Hermzzz

13. Depends what it is. Like a salad that is going to make me feel really good, i will smoke after i eat that. Fast food, i will probably smoke before i eat.

14. After if it's lunch time, both if it's dinner time...

15. Sometimes I smoke before meals and after, and sometimes do not smoke[​IMG]

16. since i work mostly 3-9 shifts and barely eat breakfast and lunch and i smoke with my girlfriend we usually just smoke at night (bongs everytime) so i find eating after i smoke better but not as soon as you smoke but just maybe 2 hours after plus if you haven't eaten anything your highs are stronger and i'm one of those people where if i'm smoking i feel i need to be smacked so i want the most out of my sesh lol

17. I have to smoke in the morning if i want to eat or i wont have an appetite till like noon or later, but i usually try to find a way to smoke all day long so usually im always high haha

18. If I smoke before I eat, then I usually end up eating until I hate myself. Smoking after I eat doesn't give me the munchies. I guess my answer is BOTH.

19. When I smoke I get crazy munchies so I prefer to smoke after so I'm not really hungry

20. I smoke everyday all throughout the day, so I'm always high & meals are just whenever I feel like it.

I've always felt bad for people who can't be high when eating cause eating makes their high go away, that must suck.