AlliDoIsTalkYay's Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Allidoistalkyay, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Ok I had to make a comparison picture of the Special Kush roots.

Left picture is Sunday 2 days ago. And right picture is just now

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445385449.175677.jpg

2. They look good. It's perfectly fine to have the water level a little below the netpot now that the roots are in the solution too.
    It's possible the one got a little shock from the move to the new home. I don't really know. Normally the leaves would be all wrinkly too, if the roots were starved for O2.
    A few of my plants droop an hour or so before lights out. Like they're ready to go to sleep. My AxT do it too.
    And, I wouldn't worry about adjusting the ppms just yet. Just top off with water, as they drink it, for a few days. If it's RO, I'd put a little calmag in it. Like 2ml per gallon. See how they do over the next few days.

3. Hey thanks for stopping by and the advice! I'm going to leave the Kind at 33" for now. If it gets any worse I'll move it up.

I am using RO so I will make sure to do that. Thanks

4. Looks like crank was giving sound advice. Makes me wonder if I should have added CalMag to my hos. I would have automagically said yeah, but my RO fkn thingy is retarded right now so I haven't used that Mfr. I dunno. I can't make heads or tails of mine either.

Looks like your girls are gonna be alright now, i'm glad you moved the lights back up just in case, you can always lower then down a tad or 2, ya know.

Ok man, Im a tired Mfr right now. Ima get at you later.

Take care,
    Linux

5. Hey just move over by me and get some free 0ppm water from my buddy's shop, no big deal lol

Have a good night man

6. Ok quick update today. Couple leaves got burned bad from what I guess a CalMag deficiency, pH has never been in the 6s where cal gets taken in. So I changed the pH to about 6.2 on both and trying to have it hover around there for a bit. Keeps wanting to raise up to 6.5-6.6

Day 25 Critical Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445570878.563817.jpg

Day 22 Special Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445570903.563167.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445570915.896525.jpg

7. #47 Allidoistalkyay, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    Day 28 Critical Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445817573.238001.jpg

Day 25 Special Kush #1

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445817595.739245.jpg

8. New growth is looking good. I'm finally pretty caught up in your thread. I'll stay along for the ride!

9. Sounds good thanks for stopping by!

Didn't get a pic of the critical but plugged in a T5 to take a pic with better lighting.

Day 26 Special Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445914343.222336.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445914354.505283.jpg

The Setup

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445914375.471303.jpg

10. Finally got a day off this Thursday going to change out the buckets with fresh nutes. Special Kush went from 250ppm to 200 within a day or two, so I am going to step it up to 400-500. The critical haven't made up my mind. It has stayed at 250 for a couple days so I may keep it a little less powerful than the SK soup.

11. Check the post I did @ Cranks corner, It was geared towards you (us).

Later HomeSlice,
    Linux

12. Should have an update tonight. Been worked to death so I still haven't changed the res' yet. Going to get those done tomorrow morning before lights out. Special Kush has dropped to 180ppm so she's really sucking the nutes down. Excited to see what happens when I bump her up.

Also thanks for the heads up Linux

13. No problem stickman. I'm glad to see that she is hittin the food like a hostage, I hooked up my mfkn chiller tonight, thas wassup! I'm glad too man...none too soon.

I'm just gonna make sure everything is sitting nice and then I'm gonna start pokin it to um.

Thanks for the help too, good lookin out. TeamWork,

Off like a prom dress,
    Linux

14. Scrubbed out the buckets this morning for a fresh res change. After all is said and done the special Kush is at 590ppm, hope this isn't too high, and 460ppm in the critical Kush. Won't have pics til later today as I was already cutting into lights out time.
    Used the usual, GH 3 part, armour si, rapid start, calimagic, hydroguard

Critical is still looking to have the calcium deficiency after adding it and setting at the right pH. This LED may just be making CK a little CalMag whore. Maybe I didn't add enough last time or she already took it all in.

15. Could you post a pic of your CK with the cal/mag deficiency?

16. Yes I will get one when lights come on, at least what I believe is still CalMag

17. Ok here's the Critical Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446153950.542896.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446153961.990285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446153972.041579.jpg

18. Awesome! Thanks. I have a plant that I suspect is showing cal/mag deficiencies but I haven't found any good pics online to see what it looks like. Mine looks exactly a like but not as advanced. Makes a lot of sense that it would be a cal/mag deficiency.

19. That's what I'm thinking too. But it's been about a week after adding and making sure it touches all the 5.5-6.5 range and I feel like it's getting worse. I loaded them both up with CalMag this res change, so we'll see what happens.

20. Tonight's update. Took a couple bad leaves off the bottom of the critical Kush with a fresh razor blade. What I'm still happy with is the newest leaves look really good. The one that were probably starting when i started reacting to the CalMag issue.

Critical Kush new leaves

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446159613.045763.jpg

Day 29 Special Kush

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446159647.534768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446159671.270482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446159685.655410.jpg