First time trying LST advice welcomed

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by growboxhero12, Oct 8, 2015.

1. I'm very much a beginner and have my first grow going on right now and I've been LST as well...your plants look great man! Great job with the LST.
    I just wanted to mention I found probably the easiest way to LST. I take those office clippy things and clip them on the lip of the bucket, and wrap floral wire around/through the loops at the top. Like I said, it's my first grow and I know I have PLENTY to learn, but this method seems easier to me than most others I've seen. A lot of people like to tie string on sticks and shit but that just seems like a giant pain in the ass...the floral wire strong, VERY cheap, and is super easy to work with. Here's a few photos of my babies... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444952114.217312.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444952150.553362.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444952183.557778.jpg

2. Those clips are a great idea an yea it was kinda half cocked an last minute but they are doing good, thanks for your opinion this thread didn't draw out the discussion I was hoping. Your plants looks great as well what strains are you working with

3. I was/am in the same boat man...I had a buddy give me a bag of seeds for free and thought I'd give it a shot to germinate them just to see if I could. Turns out I can and had to learn very quickly what the hell I was doing! I have no idea what strains they are unfortunately and one is showing pretty dude like characteristics 1 week into flowering :/

4. #24 Indeeka, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    EDIT:

Both photos show a female!
    If the little sacs don't produce a white hair within a week or so, it's most definitely male, sometimes the sacs can look different and I see where the confusion comes in. I've gotten good at spotting sex from past grows because ending up with males is so depressing.

5. Looks good. Just about how I do it. This is a soon ti mother plant LST'd.

Attached Files: