Dry crispy seedlings help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mrstonerforlife, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Okay so as you can see in the picture's the leafs are mutated, and feel slight dry and crispy. They still look healthy I'm watering with ph water at 6.3 temps are around 20-24 degree Celsius.. I haven't introduced any nutes yet. I'm only using a small 200w cfl placed about a foot away.. the strain is white widow x big bud.. my first time using this strain and I've had many successful crops before.. can anyone give any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. They look fine to me, Whats the RH? Feeling dry might be not enough humidity? (Just a guess) could just be the strain as they look fine

3. I was just going to say and ask same. They look perfectly fine also RH is important have it around 70-80ish

4. #4 Antics, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    It helps to be very specific when asking for help.

Is this CFL 200 actual watts, or 200 equivalent watts?

The light is a little too far away, judging from the stretch in the stems. Try moving it closer, to around 4" if this is one of the normal sized bulbs, and 6"-8" for one of the big bulbs.

It also looks like you're growing in coco coir. Coco requires a PH of 5.8, since it's a soilless medium, and is treated like hydro. You should also be watering at least once a day in coco.

5. #5 targett, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    Watering every day in coco while there only that big will just over water them, unless they need it. Let the roots get established before watering every day, do wet and dry cycles till the roots can handle it. You want to let the roots search for water. Just my 2 cents

6. Just taken thses. As you can see 2 of them have really healthy growth.. and the others seem to be abit slow any one have any answers or suggestions? still no nutes has been added will be adding 1/4 bio gro withing a week or two.

Attached Files:

7. When you pot your plants up to larger containers, only go up one size at a time. This lessens the time the plant needs to get rooted in and back to growing foliage. Going too large on your next container size up, slows the whole process down. They do all their root work first before anything happens in the foliage department after a repot. Going to a huge container before the plant is large enough for it just make it take longer to get rooted in and back to growing again. Always let your plants become slightly root bound in their current container before potting them into something larger. The more confined you keep their root space while vegging, the quicker you'll get some size on them.

8. Ahh never knew that... thanks for the advice as am I am always learning..

9. Anybody know what's wrong with these two white widow x big bud ones bigger than the other. Both started at same time.. both fed the same... the biggest is looking like the growth is stunned. Same with the other one... this has happened a few times now... losing plants in early veg. Also the biggest I topped two days ago...

Attached Files: