Id love to hear your story. Have you ever had to harvest early? If so, why?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tikibox, Oct 7, 2015.

1. So lets hear it. Have you ever run into a situation where you were forced to harvest early? If so, why? How early? Smoke report?

2. Never had to chop early before my last two grows. These last two- the first I chopped early because of a big party at my house. I forget what the strain was. The trichomes were clear and cloudy, no amber. All I can tell you is the smoke is disappointing. Cooked or blasted all of it. The last grow one hydroponic unit with my biggest plant broke when I added a reservoir. I sort of fixed it, but the plant wasn't getting water from the top and died. Cloudy trics, disappointing high. Still have most of it jarred up. I gave a bud to a friend and he didn't say anything about it so I figure he didn't like it either. My other two plants just stopped maturing. The plant was still green, trichomes were milky, but the plants just died, they didn't look dead, but the trichomes just didn't turn amber. My grows before this I was able to let the plants mature before harvest. To me it makes a big difference. Sorry about the lack of detail. I just messed up these last two grows.

3. Saw mold was growing on my dirt and freaked out. Chopped probably 2 weeks early. Smoked pretty good. Coulda been better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. Chunk that hydro setup and go to soil. Too many variables with the hydro. Soil is so much more forgiving.

5. A few times, but nothing less than 7 weeks. Just because I've had a few plants throw nanners because of temp stress, or just bad genes. I usually am way too impatient when it comes to harvesting just because I always have that fear that the plants will try to pollinate themselves. As for smoke report, I just smoked my last batch that I pulled early because of nanners and it wasn't bad at all. Few immature seeds, but nothing worth tossing. I'd say as long as u flush, and dry/ cure correctly you won't be bummed. But obviously you want to perfect your shit like everyone.

6. Well i SHOULD have and i didnt. The end resuslt was disaster. Had nanner infestation by the end. Disgusting. Non smokable moth ball smellin garb