Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it dangerous to sleep on weed everyday?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by irishhen, Oct 7, 2015.

1. I'm being sleeping on weed for over two weeks. I basically smoke weed with a bong and then go to sleep. I enjoy it, since I fall asleep so fast...the only thing is that I'm starting to feel weird. I'm getting very minor headaches and strong depersonalization. I still manage to go to my job without a problem.

So is it dangerous or harmful if I keep doing this? Well atleast if I quit now I hope I can get lucid dreams from the REM rebound.

2. I do it most nights

3. #3 PatrickXy6dC, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    irishhen, having the symptoms that you do I think it would be wise to quit smoking for a bit. I know this may result is some sleepless nights. If you are not opposed, some Tylenol PM (any PM brand) may help you sleep. Perhaps if you just smoke one or two times a week your uncomfortable feelings will abate. I wish you luck. I'm glad you are looking at what you're doing and how if affects you and are willing to change if necessary.
    As an aside- I've been trying to have lucid dreams for years. I got into the Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync tapes (designed to synchronize right and left brain). I bought a Nova Dreamer- flashing lights in your eyes and sounds designed to expand the mind, well, the idea is you would start having lucid dreams and the ability to "remote view". I never had any positive results from this stuff- just a big hit to the wallet. It's been about 20 years. Laughing.

4. Thanks for your input! Yeah, I'm thinking on quitting for now! I started smoking cause I was depressed and had horrible suicidal thoughts. Mary Jane really helps get rid of those thoughts and feelings.

Regarding lucid dreaming:

I do have vivid dreams, even if I sleep on weed. What I do, is to keep a dream journal and ask myself everyday multiple times if I'm dreaming. Eventually it will become a habit and it will happen in your dreams (it happened to me). Also practice reality checks! I recommend these books: http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreaming-Gateway-Inner... and http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-World-Dreaming-Ste...

5. Went to the Doc.

I said it hurts when I poke my shoulder like this.

He said don't poke your shoulder.

Shoulder is feeling better since I stopped poking it.

:)

6. no.

7. dangerous? thx for the laugh cuzzo.

8. A tip for lucid dreaming, you may get some weed strains for dreams and you also can mix some dream herb in- calea zacatechichi to boost chances generously, to not go against the rules vibe, make sure to add weed in because basically use the calea to help it burn too, two birds and your stoned.

9. [​IMG]

OP, are you really asking this seriously or just trying to ruin my buzz?

10. I'm serious. I read sleeping high suppresses the REM sleep. I heard it was dangerous to sleep without REM. So I wonder if any of you veterans have slept on weed for long time without any problems.

11. thc stops melatonin in which you need to sleep technically even tho you smoke and go to sleep, its basically all from the weed ahaha. Sleeping on weed isnt any harm really. Idk if indicias dont stop melatonin you may think that but science! lmfaoo your fine. I dab out everyday and get vivid dreams and lucid dreaming. its all a state of mind. control it mentally and nothing can stop you. The dream state is interesting.

12. I always smoke a joint before bed, then i sleep for like 4 hours and i wake up feeling fresh as fuck. I would feel like shit for sure if i was doing the same thing with alcohol. Blaze that shit up, it's medication [​IMG]

13. That picture is so true lmao

14. Same here bro! Second week of daily smoking before bed. It's been awesome.
    I feel so light and "mind-peaced" the next morning as well.
    Just worried of when I need to stop smoking. Don't know if I'll have any issues.
    Whatever though

15. Been smoking before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night for 5+ years, no negative effects I have noticed, other than having trouble sleeping if I am on vacation in an area without cannabis, but I had trouble falling asleep prior to using cannabis anyway.

As for the veterans aspect, I can't speak to it personally as I am not a veteran but do know someone who used to be on 20+ prescriptions from the VA and suffers from PSTD who tried cannabis and stopped taking every one of those medications because he no longer feels like a zombie with cannabis helping.

16. Thanks guys! I'm not worried anymore. I think it was all in my head, I don't feel the headaches or anything. I'm feeling great! Smoking weed got rid of my depression. And also, am going to sleep on weed every weekday, but not smoke it on weekends! I bet I could get awesome lucid dreams with the REM rebound...FUCK YEA

17. It isn't dangerous to sleep stoned every night. I've been doing it for several years, and I get a more recuperative sleep now than ever before.

18. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Been falling asleep high for 7 years now, I can still drive 53 miles to work at 4 AM without issue

20. No idea if it's dangerous(there's no studies on it so none of us can say either way), but you will become dependent on it. So when there's a night when you're dry you're going to have a hard ass time falling asleep.