Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What strain is better for anxiety, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by halfbakeddd, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Super sour diesel VS white widow. my guy got new strains, I need to choose one I can't have Both . I'm also suffering from anxiety now and I'm only 22 which fucking sucks but that's apart of life I guess ,and I have been taking Xanax to help.... but I do NOT want to be hooked on that shit. If none of the strains I listed is not recommend for anxiety then feel free to list more. I also have a jar of black berry and bubba og. So yeah guys I'm open to anything :) thanks

2. ps It is also important to figure out WHY you are feeling anxious. If it's something treatable with cannabis, like certain medical conditions, then cannabis can be an amazing treatment for anxiety. If on the other hand, the anxiety is caused by something else, like school, jobs, or relationships, then cannabis might not help the situation.

Why do you think you feel so much anxiety?

3. Personally for me (this changes for everyone) heavy indica strains always gave me pretty bad anxiety.

The feeling of numbness and tingles in my hands would bring on panic and panic attacks like all the time!
    I've since switched over to hybrid 50/50 strains with CBD or I cocktail it with a very low CBD strain and a 50/50 THC dominate strain. The CBD really helps edge the Anxiety for me. If you ever can grab something with some CBD content try it :)

I've tried Diesel and found it to be okay for my anxiety. Never tried Widow so I cannot comment

Good idea trying to lay off the Xanax. I've been using Ativan for 8 years and have totally gotten off using Cannabis :)

Cheers,

Wes

4. Yeah I just really want to figure out what exactly it is making me feel this way. It's weird because I feel like that and then I'll go outside and walk alone for a few mins and I'll feel so fucking good just getting some type of air . Luckily for me I'm getting my own place in the 15th so I pray to God that will help me with this issue . I'm guessing it's just the environment I'm living in? No fucking clue man.

5. Wow that's crazy because the last time I smoked marijuana , the strain was blackberry ... I was having crazy chest pain and heart was racing like crazy ,and Yes it's the tingly feeling in my hands . I feel like sometimes my heart is beating off rhythm a lot
    Of discomfort . And it only happens around night time . Docs ran so many test and they said they can't find anything wrong w me so they gave me volume for muscle relaxers........but the side effects to that is more depression so it makes no sense . Now I'm taking Xanax which is not even prescribed to me, it's actually my grandmas meds but it helps for now .

6. Either works great for my anxiety

7. #7 bhbest, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
    I suffer from pretty severe anxiety panic disorder. Unfortunately I don't usually don't have the liberty to dictate which strains I get nor how much THC / CBD is in them. I have found that because my tolerance is so low to begin with no matter which strain I consume one little hit is all I need to keep me calm cool and medicated but realize I am lucky I have such a low tolerance and work hard to keep it this way. For me though it's all about mood and consumption. To sufferers from anxiety, like everyone says, best to try to find out the source of it and see if anything else can help it other than meds and if not be very careful with how much you medicate how long etc and it can actually have positive results.

8. Selected Indicas and certain hybrids. A couple sativas are nice too. Others like a lot of CBD strains. It seems like strain choice varies from person to person in my experience where anxiety is concerned.

9. #9 donando, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    Leafly is a good app to help you decide which strains are for you.