Can someone with a volvo help me?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by TheCruz831, Oct 7, 2015.

1. #1 TheCruz831, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    This is a '95 850 turbo. Not sure if the wiring under the hood is similar to whatever you might have, but it could be worth a shot.

Couple things; foremost my brake light goes out as soon as I replace it. There's some wires in the front right under the hood by the washer fluid View attachment 1893030 that are unplugged, and I have a feeling the guys at the auto shop may have just left em unplugged. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning of the wires I'm speaking of. If someone could take a picture of there's, that'd be great, it's the wires right up by the front headlight.

One of them I plugged in where it looked like it should go and it plugged in, but there's a weird sound when I turn the car on now. I unplugged it and it still makes the sound. It stays on when the engine is on, and when just the battery is on it gets lower-pitched if I roll the windows either way. Anyone hear a weird sound come from near the windshield fluid?

I appreciate it!

TLDR: can you please post a picture of the wires that plug into things near the front right headlight, by the battery.

2. Try a car forum mate. There might even be a forum dedicated to volvo.

3. You might wanna try posting this in the "trains planes and automobiles" section of our forums. Or try a decided Volvo forum for quick answers.

4. I was gonna do a volvo forum if no one could help me here, just didn't wanna deal with making an account and what not. Good call with the sub forum, mods feel free to move this.

5. You most definitely want to go to a specific forum. My buddy had the same car, was kinda difficult to work on. I assume with the age of the car, that this has been an issue with other owners.