EyeCs humble efforts at organic growing

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by EyeC, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ooo you're so charming!! Lol

2. It's a special gift. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

3. Here's the BBB #1 at day 69 of 11/13 and it's time for harvest. Smells delicious and has packed on weight even with those pesky spider mites. She is so full of glands that the spider mites were contained to pretty much only surfaces that were not totally covered in trichomes.

[​IMG]

4. Why thank you mainah. :D She is a great plant. I'm going to be crossing her out to a few different dads soon and i think she will have good recombining potential.

5. Hello EC!! How's your garden growing?

6. It's going pretty good for now. I'll have more updates soon. Some seedling pictures will be up later. Thanks for checking in LLB :D
    Got done spraying everyone with guardian mite spray sample i received the other day. Seems to work very well from what i'm observing.

7. I heard that guardian was very expensive. Isn't that something someone could make? Is it a pour and shake?

Seedlings are fun. I need to start a couple soon.

8. I hope the guardian product works really well for you

9. I got a free sample, so the price was not an issue. The actual product is quite pricey, so i like your thinking about DIYing the spray, which is what i had in mind anyways. ;) It is ready to go as is. 4 ingredients.

Start some up seeds up. It's so fun to watch them burst out of the soil //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

. I'll get to posting those seedlings pics.

10. Looks like it did a good job after i checked it today. We'll see how long it will hold up. Meanwhile i'm making something similar on my own. ;) It'd be nice to have something to keep the horde at bay.

11. For all those lurkers i know so eagerly awaiting news from my dark corner. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png Thanks for the reminder LLB. :)

I have another round of seedlings started that i will get pictures of soon. My current camera is not the best for macro or close up shots.

Seedlings for starters. :) They are all around 17 days from germination in these pictures.

DT X (DT or SG)

[​IMG]

SW

[​IMG]

OPC

[​IMG]

C91 X OPC in with some other plants :)
    [​IMG]

PR X BB
    [​IMG]

12. They look like they're off to a good start. This should be fun and informative to watch. I hope your home made version of guardian works for you. I personally hate giving my hard earned $ to greedy companies. Making a profit is one thing, raping people is quite a different issue.

13. I don't know if this company is ripping people off or not, but it is expensive and i find that if i can make something at home that is as effective for much less, then that's a good thing. :) We'll see what i end up using.

thanks for commenting RB :D

14. It's over $2500 a gallon with a 1 oz per gallon dose!! It sounds like it's Nuke Em with the citric acid and yeast, the a emulsifier and high essential oils. It's lecithin. I really think we could make this cheaper. The yeast is supposed to make enzymes. I don't know how they do that but I know how to make enzymes. You're not supposed to spray SST but that's all they say. I'm curious if a low dose at 2% would be the same as yeast or could I just add essential oils to my nuke em? I think it would be awesome to find participants who want to test different recipes. We could work together quicker than seperated.

Also, how do you learn to live with bugs?? Lol I think this is something I need to think about.

15. I don't know how i have come to live with them in some semblance of peace, but i have. With the amount of outdoor gardening and farming work that i do i see bugs all the time. Believe me they are everywhere. ;) So i suppose if i were to have a problem with bugs and let it get to me, then i would shut down.

Not really wanting them decimating my indoor plants though, so i am looking to establish a balance of various micro biota over time. Ideally i'd have bigger containers, but i have certain limitations that i have to operate within. Although i do reiterate this point from time to time the fact is that bugs or no, the quality of my flowers continues to improve and that is telling me a good story.

Bugs populations will rise and fall, with some help at times. Somewhere in here i just don't want to see my time with my plants as some kind of warfare. Outdoor growers of all crops understand that bugs are just a reality. Learning to help steer the bug population indoors is a bit more like outdoor growing. From my limited point of view.

Yes, it is pricey as i mentioned. ;) lol
    The yeast could easily be done with regular and/or lactobaccillus fermentation, the lecithin (even GMO free organic) is easy enough to source. The cinnamon oil is pricey, but i believe that are more low cost and obtainable ways around that. Or using SST's as you suggested. I might give the a barley or corn SST a chance as at foliar application on some test plants to check for potential sensitivities or phytotoxicity, which seems unlikely.

thank again for the dialog. :D

16. these are the older ones. :) Around day 70 i think from germination here.

BZ 1
    [​IMG]

BZ 2
    [​IMG]

PM 1

[​IMG]

BJ X BMS male
    [​IMG]

SBBB X CPH 1
    [​IMG]

SBBB X CPH 2

[​IMG]

17. Nice write up on the bugs. They are something we have to learn to live with. I think the trick is to learn to keep the #'s down to the point where the crop can survive with a limited amount of loss. We are never going to be bug free. It isn't possible. Look at all the science, r & d, bla bla bla that big agra has at their disposal. For all their efforts all they seem to do is create nightmare chems that work for a short period of time and then you start to see super bug and super weeds. Their way doesn't work in harmony with nature, but it sure does wreak havoc on it.

18. thank you RB. Too many people have the idea that they should have rooms that are pristine and sterile with no debris or bugs. It's a holdover from the social poisoning that has taken place via the "green revolution" and it's wonderful chemical panaceas.
    There are at least 14 known species in the midwest alone that are now resistant to one or more herbicides.

Meanwhile some doofus is out there spraying shit they don't even understand on their plants and animals and kids. People putting systemic chemicals into their plants and then giving them to patients and others.

Sadly i get told i'm anti-science sometimes because i espouse a much more conservative approach to the use of supposedly new information and methods. Even with a professional background in several different scientific disciplines. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Everyone gets a meal at the table. Including some guests that i might not want around in overabundance. ;)

19. Here are pictures of some of the flowering plants after lights out. Not the best, but good enough for some idea.

Goji OG F2 #1 day 52 of flowering. Smells are getting much stronger. She should make for some very intense flavors by the end.
    [​IMG]

DDT(T) X BBB day 53. Also delicious smelling. She'll be done within a week or two.
    [​IMG]