Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White Crystals Found In Herb Help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by beakerbro21, Oct 4, 2015.

1. #1 beakerbro21, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    [​IMG]Hello fellow tokers,
    I come here today requiring advice on what a mystery substance I found in my weed could be! I recently bought a quarter for $65 (more expensive than usual) and after smoking a few grams of it, I grabbed another bit to grind up and found a small white crystal on a bud.
    I inspected the rest of my weed closely and found there to be even more of them all over my stash! I asked my dealer what they were and he said he has no idea. This is my first time buying directly from this guy, I always bought off a friend through him and that weed was always good.
    So I tried burning a grouping of these crystals and they didn't smoke, melt, or burn. I tried a taste test and it had no taste, a slight bitterness if anything, and a sandy like texture to my toung.
    Help me find out what this shit is! My dealer said he didn't see any on his weed (could easily be a lie).
    Cheers, -Beakerbro

Attached Files:

2. Crtystal meth

3. Could be perlite, doesnt look like it though.

4. i dunno where you live at exactly but i know that parts of europe have issues with ganja having crap like that to add weight to it. glass and silica sand types of shit are common from what i was reading. so if you're across the pond then maybe that is it.

more then that i would get a camera or a micro scope to get a better look at it. there is no fucking way i would have tried to smoke any of the crystal shit itself. that is crazy. i had also read that people were adding synthetic research chemicals to the ganja to improve potency. the same stuff they were using and still are using to make fake / synthetic ganja with. instead of the green material they would use in place of ganja, they just use the real thing instead.

you said it didn't smoke though? it didn't melt or otherwise change in anyway when you applied heat to it? if i had to guess i would think it is glass / sand / silica. something like that. not sure i would smoke any more of it until i could get a better more defined picture of the ganja and the crap that is on it like with the use of said micro scope or macro lens adapter for a good cell phone camera.

it could in some way be harmful to you. knowing what i know now of the world i wouldn't smoke it. you might be able to make QWISO or another type of hash that gets rid of all of the solid mater. i mention QWISO because it is super easy to make and once you have a concentrate like that it is far safer and easier to work with. you could mix some of it with kief or dried, crushed bud to make a hash like product. just an idea to perhaps salvage something from the ganja.

could you post some pictures of the bud itself with the crystal stuff on it?

good luck bro! [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the reply! Also I will note I've been able to take irregularity bit hits, like I'm smoking bowls filled over the top of this stuff. And I didn't smoke the crystal, I just put some on the end of a knife and tried putting a flame to it. Il post a pic of the bud!

6. #7 Snarfindorf, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    DO NOT attempt to smoke ANYTHING that you find to have crystals or something strange in it. I thought that would be a given. The fact that you smoked the bud makes me weep. It could've been sandblasted for all you know, you already know that there's some shady shit going on so why would you smoke it!?

7. #8 beakerbro21, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    I didn't smoke the crystals, I put them on a knife and tried burning them with a lighter to see if there was a reaction and there wasn't really.

I was so able to make rosin out of this herb, I will make more right now and show a picture. It looks like fine concentrate to me.

8. Bumppp what the hell is this stuff?

9. Nobody is going to be able to give you a definitive answer. All we can say is don't smoke it

10. Could be gnat nix

11. Kinda does look like Gnat Nix. If it is then its basically diatomaceous earth. I wouldn't smoke it but you could eat it. Just kidding, don't eat your bud.