Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seriously Edibles do not get me stoned Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sigfreed, Oct 4, 2015.

1. I can out eat anyone so far I got a tolerance like a beast at 135 lbs. Since starting this thread I've made and shared my fair stuff an watched alot of ppl get wrecked. I can handle my hallucinogens way better too... I guess I'm just more mentally stable. Than alot of people. INTJ Life yo

2. I suppose this is why edibles aren't as popular as smoking. You have to account for a lot of factors - quality of weed, type of weed, your tolerance level, how long you decarbed, how long you cooked it for, whether you've eaten a meal beforehand etc.

It takes lots of patience and determination, but once you nail that perfect recipe and ingestion method - you only need to write it down once, and you're set for life.

3. Have you ever tried a tincture/green dragon? It can be transferred into oil or butter or honey or even sugar and perhaps extracting the THC with alcohol will make it more bio-available. I think the alcohol extracts more of the terpenes as well, which can increase the effect and have therapeutic effects of their own.

4. #24 bigggsmokey420, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    80mg is nothing, i just ate a TKO cookie that is 160mg and it was pretty weak. Im the same way with edibles most times i feel like i just wasted my money but there is some brands that actually worked for me and i highly recommend.

MaGooch, Buddhas Best, and Kushtown sodas are the only edibles ive tried so far that actually worked.

Some brands ive tried: kiva bars, hubby bars, 420 bar, pirate pucks, korova, TKO, Green ticket bakery, milf n cookies

5. 800...mg....

6. Try it on an empty stomach (@least 3 hours) or stronger potency.

7. Once I ate a brownie first thing in the morning for breakfast with no other food. I puked the whole entire day. It was awful.
    I don't recommend an empty stomach!

Since then, I've not had much luck with any effect with edibles. I am going to try the coconut oil recipe in this thread. If you don't put it into capsules, what do you do with it?

8. Try it on an empty stomach, down it with a bourbon. lol

Studies have confirmed that alcohol speeds up the absorption of THC (hope this doesn't count as discussion of other drugs..)

9. My experience with edibles over the years is that I prefer to make my own compared to buying from dispensaries. Dispensary edible doses are usually quite inconsistent, and usually contain an amount not near enough for the desired effects wanted from veteran smokers.

Make your own. It's easy when you have the method down. Two important things when making your own:

1. Decarboxylate your product first
    2. Add soy lecithin

Here's how I make POTENT hot pot chocolate:

Grab your weed, (i usually use about 5 grams or more for a single dose - although you could use much less I just prefer getting so medicated to the point where I can't move) and put it in the oven at 100c for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven.

DO NOT be skeptical about this! It really does help a LOT ^

Next, place about 1 and a half to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small crockpot on low heat setting. Once melted down into a liquid (coconut oil is solid at room temperature) mix in your weed. Keep it in the crock pot for a MINIMUM of 6 hours, to a max of 12 (some say you can leave it longer, but honestly around the 7 / 8 hour mark is really good for me, and any more isnt much of a noticeable difference). Strain the oil to get rid of the plant matter. This step is not needed if you are using hash, as hash can be consumed whole.

I will usually leave the crock pot on over night while I sleep so its ready when I wake up.

Next, heat up some milk (any kind, I use almond or coconut since i tend to eat mostly dairy free) over a stove and then put it into a blender. Add a tablespoon of soy lecithin (can be found at any health store like Whole Foods). Turn on the blender on low so that it all blends, and while the milk and lecithin are blending, put it some chocolate or cocoa powder and let it mix/melt in. Once the choc has melted into the milk, slowly pour in your strained oil while its blending.

Done!

Drink and enjoy!

-WARNING- This is POTENT. If you are not used to eating weed / smoking weed, please do not start out with this recipe as the effects will probably too overwhelming. Thanks!

10. eat it straight. The oil is good... but it's not oil it's clay more so after and it is very potent. But my tolerance for edibles is great he but I love giving it away cause I have a lot.

11. #31 Sigfreed, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    I'm scared to nail the recipe if I make something that puts me on my ass.... other people will be hospitalized.... some chick already ate to much an threatened to go to the hospital once on a mild batch.... if I make one batch that gets me too high then anyone else would be eating their own death.

12. We need to remember set and setting yes? Absorbtion is the issue it sounds like...have u any idea your pH lev? These l contribute to absorption.
    Don't matter how many THC students you put on the bus if the neighborhood isn't receptive upon their arrival.
    I read niacin helps some with similar conditions ...some like myself am in 100/250mg for effect that stone ..
    And most important edibles are body not head medicine at the stoner levels u speak of. 800mg ...screw it yo...get a gram of shatter melt into tbsp coconut oil slap on toasted bag and expect a day of asleep
    guaranteed.
    For medical activity a stoned,forgetful, head space isn't desired.

13. For me edibles are like a cliff. Up to 200 mg I generally feel nothing to very little, but go over that and I get hella stoned. Probably all in my head

14. I have worked with many medical patients with all kinds of issues, and from experience the first things i suggest is to do the OPPOSITE of what most say, but i'm not so patient to eat 5mg wait two hour for 10mg for two more hours to etc

the 100mg medical mark is the men vs boys point ...

average stoners feel 10-50mg pretty good

So take the hundie, expect to fade out in four six hours, if not , next time try 200.
    (in Co the Recreational limits are 100mg usually sold in 10-20mg doese)
    so EAT the WHOLE THING ... worse case scenario youll sleep through monday from saturday dosing.

(this helps you find your 'oint' but it's a different effect than smoking so easy dose it.)

15. That is a million dollar question that I feel can only pertain to a fast metabolic intake, thus not allowing the THC to absorb correctly. Ive had posts reiterating your point many times in the past. We shall avail together, get high off edibles!