Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seriously Edibles do not get me stoned Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sigfreed, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Hello as a michigan medical patient I've had my fair chances of trying many assortment of dispensery grade edibles and nothing. He'll I purchased an assortment of edibles am mounting to over 80 milligrams and....Nothing ... ok it cured my depression for like 3 hrs but high no more than a joint. Waste of money. Once again I've recently ate brownies that put everyone else on the floor as I felt just kinda happy nothing else. It pisses me off and I'm only 135 lbs.

3. Help lol what u want ua to do

4. I would like some valid information or personal experience. Really from why it is I don't get unfunctionally high. It's depressing wasting time and money for nothing. Especially watching everyone else go stupid from the same ore less amounts.

5. Try some of the excellent recipes here at GrassCity, with the exact dosage custom-tailored to your needs, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Dispensary edibles can be hit or miss. 80mg is not a huge dose and I don't know why you'd expect it to have a different effect than smoking a joint. THC is the same drug whether your smoke, vape, or eat it. You felt stoned and your depression went away for 3 hours, sounds like a success to me. As for your friends, maybe they don't have as high tolerance as you and can't handle it without losing their shit? Getting "unfunctionally high" sounds like a rookie mistake to me, glad you are past that point in your journey.

6. I meant 800 milligrams not 80 most likely even more trust me I'm no light weight so I wanted to get based and...... Nothing and that was my birthday I was sad.

7. #7 Quantary, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    If edibles have never worked for you, try mixing up a batch of DIY coconut oil, lecithin and cannabis. You only need an oven, (or toaster oven), a coffee grinder and a scale - you don't even have to put them in capsules unless you want to.

The first step is to completely de-stem the buds, breaking the large nuggets into pea-sized chunks. Place in a non-stick pan and decarboxylate it. Not to turn this into another decarb thread, but just make sure the bud has been fully dried, and you allowed enough time for the THCA conversion to have occured.

Out of the oven, grind up the bud in a coffee grinder until it resembles a fine grey sticky flour. To prevent the resin from sticking to the blades, you can add 1 tsp of some type of grain flour to the grinder bowl. This will soak up the resin and act as a diluting agent if you are filling capsules.

In a small saucepan on very low temps, add about a tablespoon of coconut oil per 1/8th of weed. As an option, you can add in a small amount of lecithin. (I use several sunflower lecithin capsules) You only need to get the temps up about 200-220F or so, no more. Slowly sprinkle in the ground up weed flour (called cannaflour) into the coconut oil and stirring constantly for about 3-5 minutes on low heat. Just make sure everything is well mixed

Try to get the consistency of the concoction like clay or dough, adding oil or flour as necessary. Weigh it on a scale and note the gram weight. As an example, I used 7 grams of bud in my last batch. The total weight of the end product was 70 grams. An easy to remember rule of thumb is 1/10 of a gram of bud = 1 dose. So in this instance I would weigh out a 1 gram piece or more depending on circumstance. You could probably start with .3 grams and be fine for your first test.

Since you have a high tolerance, try a mild fast during the day. Just skip breakfast and don't eat a full meal during the day. Instead graze on the minimal amount of food to keep the hunger pangs away. Exclude all meat and dairy. Then take an edible with small meal (such as a peanut butter sandwich) . You should be able to feel the effects in as little as 30 minutes, but no more than an hour.

I don't trust store-bought edibles until testing catches up with the industry. Independent testing has shown that often the amounts are overstated on the label, and you're getting much less than indicated. Making your own means you know how much you're consuming. It's several times cheaper than buying retail.

8. The 7 gram thing is very feasible I'll have to try it soon. Any idea on what consuming shatter wax or crumble can achieve?

9. Definitely make your own following a proven recipe step by step. With much dank.

10. Well it is official my tolerance is too high for edibles. I made some coconut paste and ate a lot of it. Got me baked and I was very pleased with the result. But sharing the product and seeing others get incapacitated on it.... tonight being a shitty time some chick was freaking out like she was dying saying she was gonna go to the hospital..... mellow out girl I wish I was as high as you.... horrible time lol but I only get that all day buzz... Which is awesome tho... but dam hospital level high..... lucky.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Sigfreed, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    Heh

12. Made some amazing stuff with this recipe got me stoned all day but got others wrecked lol read my other post

14. You should weigh that shit out, heheh! (beginners should eat no more than 1/4 gram of bud to be safe)

I wanted to go to the hospital the time I ate a 75mg THC Quad Dose Cheeba Chew. But, I decided that I would rather die than be "that guy" who goes to the ER after an edible mishap.

Keep experimenting, eventually you'll find the right amount to take depending on the level you are shooting for.

15. right on man. I've heard cheeba chews mess you up.... Sadly I've had no enjoyably experience from Michigan medical lol. But true I'll continue 5o make my own it yielded much finer results. Might just eat like 10 grams... tonight an be high all day tomorrow. That's how it goes for me so far =)

16. #16 Quantary, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    It sounds like you got high, but not as much as you'd like. In order to maximize effects, try a mild" fast for at least 12 - 24 hours. Cut your food intake by about a half, and don't eat meat, dairy or large meals during the day. (presuming you wait until 6 pm to medicate). Have a light breakfast if you normally eat in the morning, then just graze during the day on small amounts of food, never feeling full. By the end of the work day, you should be very hungry and stomach growling, waiting for something to digest.

When you do finally take the cannabis/coconut oil/lecithin concoction, have it with a fat/carb food like a cookie. Because you've been in a caloric deficit all day, your stomach will greedily consume everything - and you'll get a large release of THC and cannabinoids into your bloodstream.

You could start feeling the effects within 30-45 minutes, and peak within 90 minutes. (If I take cannabis after a heavy meal, peak effects can take up to 3-4 hours) If you can eat a gram's worth of dried bud this way and not be nearly incapacitated, I guess you DO have super-high tolerance to THC!

At the most I've eaten half a gram and that is way too much to do anything other than lie in bed waiting to come down to earth!

Have you considered taking at least a three day tolerance break, esp if you dab? It's amazing how fast your cannabinoid receptors return to pre-use levels, so taking a break, then doing mild fast I guarantee you will get very, very baked.

[​IMG]

(FYI, I have no financial interest in Now Foods, but this is what I use to make my caps. I wonder if they know how good this shit is with weed edibles. They probably know, but don't want to advertise the fact! There is a synergistic effect in my opinion with phosphtidyl choline and trippin balls!)

17. Idk if this will help, but I was trying firecrackers and things like that and they didn't really work for me. I grind up a couple buds and decarb it (300 f for 15 minutes, wrapped in foil) then boil it in a cup or so of whole milk for about 45 minutes. Strain the weed and drink. Tastes like shit but never fails me. That's too bad though if edibles just really don't work for you... they're all I use anymore, I don't like smoking :/

18. Try taking a couple antacids prior to taking your edibles

19. Kushy Punch edibles work for me, I also suffer from depression. They come in Sativa, Hybrid, or Indica. There's 80 MG of THC in them split into 4 pieces. I take 20 MG every night and the high is better, more of a body high. Smoking weed makes me paranoid. Edibles don't.

20. #20 TheSuperApe, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    Eat some of my cookies bro