Homemade cabinet 1st time grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Obamascookies, Oct 3, 2015.

1. so here's what trying to look through under the canopy looks like lol! I think I will doing some pruning this weekend, I've seen people do a little and some do it all at once? I'd imagine a little at a time but also would think to do more now before it starts actually making buds? Help would be mostly appreciated :-( not getting much?? On a pretty cool side note my cousins husband is head security at a local dispensary and took me on a tour of the whole facilities! So awesome to grow on a large scale like that! About 8 GIANT grow rooms, various stages of growing.....as you went down the hallway the buds got bigger! Super cool would love to have my hands working with them

Attached Files:

2. looking healthy and bushy these will give you a nice return for sure. Keep it up man.

3. Thxs microryder! Been needing some feedback loosing hope for anyone jumping in :-/ was thinking of defoliating but I think I will just try on one to see what happens and see what happens with be others. Gotta experiment a little to learn right?!

4. #44 Obamascookies, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
    Came home to a stinky hallway! So bought the Ona gel(apple crumble) just poked holes in the top......looks like I gotta rip it off 1/3 the way and see how that goes. Haven't put in the filter as I'm worried about temp increases from assuming loss of the amount of rate of airflow through the filter, will test out this weekend for sure though,bang wait to see how they're doing this morning.....oh snap they're up!

5. Just ordered my Girl Scout Cookies & Pineapple Chunk seeds!!! Hope they make it ok!!!

6. well for what its worth im watchin, im really close to getting one of these lights for my PC case haha. the coverage is perfect for 4 plants in my case. What are you using for odor control aside from ona gel? Good choice on the seeds, I have a few of my own on hand not sure which to stick in soil lol.

7. A few posts back I put a pic of this carbon filter I'm putting in my exhaust line. I have black panty hose to help block light just going to slap some of the filter in between another piece of pantyhose and see how it works! I'll notice quicky if it works as my hallway leading to the main house has a strong smell of my ladies! Just checked looks like they may have started to flower slightly will post pics as I need to trim under the canopy as some leaves seem to be dying from lack of light I'm assuming? Pretty dense! The lights get through here and there not nearly everywhere though!

8. So yeah that filter for $10 from Lowe's works great, can go ahead and put away the Ona Gel. Didn't seem to restrict the airflow as much as I thought at all!

9. Went ahead and did a little pruning to my plants, the was some leaves touching the ground and dying off plus some little growth that will really go no where down at the base, never taken a thing of these girls so hopefully they won't be too upset with me! They also got water/FF Sledgehammer flush. Didn't have time to check on them before lights out so will see how they're doing in the morning(got my green light in order!!)!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444619082.276467.jpg

10. I'm subbed :) they look awesome. can't wait till they show sex.

11. looking good man, nothing wrong with a little pruning.

12. Ok so a little worried about one of my plants checked on they this morning and notified these little "balls" on one set of nodes!?! Going to give it a day or two to see what's going on maybe hermied? Stressed from the little pruning? Broke one of my fans so hit 88 degrees this morning, heat stress? Oh well we'll see, would be hurt but the others could use the room if worst came to worst! What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444701821.374721.jpg
    Oh yeah it's only on that node no others!?

13. Well sure looks like some males are growing in my bunch! Which is kinda good as it's the tallest and I need room!!! I planted all 7 seeds counting on this. So that's all good tomorrow after work I will pull the males and double check the ones I'm not seeing right now as it's crowded....overnight explosion! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444763570.625581.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444763619.447436.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444763638.700383.jpg

14. Well that definitely makes me believe the pruning either helped or just definitely didn't hurt!

15. Haha you sure got some homies in there man. Very carefully remove them. If those balls explode that won't be good. Your cab looks very nice and full. Keep it up they look really healthy. What soil and nutes are you using?

16. #56 Obamascookies, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Yeah got something to do in the am! Just sucks they are so damn healthy, going to be hard to put them down lol. Seems like a waste! But like I stated gives the ladies the room they'll need. Just some 50/50 coco & perlite mix with Fox Farms & some Cal-Mag! Loving this beginning/first grow!

17. Well it was a painful morning chopping up these males. The larger one was one of my two largest plants! Thankfully the other larger one a female, there might be 1 more male in the bunch should be sure when I check in the morning! Got plenty of trim going to save for the end of harvest for some oil or budder. I imagine it will be bittersweet chopping up the ladies! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444888157.051992.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444888178.301309.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444888202.572098.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444888226.275242.jpg

18. Looks good bro

19. So watered and fed the ladies today & a little trimming, this is week two of flowering. Slow I believe to high temps(88-90) & humidity(75-79) after watering. Even so they are ever so green and smelly!? Anyhow finally got a a dehumidifier to hang in there and an extra fan. Really going to have to get a inline fan definitely before next grow to exhaust better PC fans ain't cutting it, especially if I get my 2nd P150! So here's what's going on now. Do have one down side I noticed after getting my green led light, I checked in my girls and noticed the lights not l off? Will check again but that was about 3-5mins afterwards!!? Has me a little worried, sent customer service an email so we'll see!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445307769.818542.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445307822.623671.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445307841.859121.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445307866.910602.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445307885.262349.jpg

20. Bad ground......fixed thxs Advanced Platinum, awesome and awesome customer service!!! Yeah that second is defined getting ordered!