Homemade cabinet 1st time grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Obamascookies, Oct 3, 2015.

1. what are u doing for ventilation

2. thanks.. I will be following along.. And asking a lot (sorry)till I have it down to a t.. First time always da scariest time?cause I don't want to fail

3. this is my plan 2'x2' area p150 3 plants or should I do more then 3 ?promix soil what else I need hpdown and up?

4. for vent.. I was gonna build a box or buy a grow tent because I can't take da door off da closet and I can't put a hole in da door either so I guess that's da plan now

5. basically small fan in/slightly bigger out, using pvc for light traps....will post exact sizes and pics in a bit just doing a quick post check.

6. Beginner myself but will share and look forward to learning with and from others! From this start of my grow so far I don't think you'll fail if you have the basic necessities....lights, airflow, food maybe a few more etc...

7. From my size I would've went with 2-3(probably 2) its so crammed with the 6-7 I have...kinda hope just a liiiiitle one or two are males....but that will be saddening lol. With that said get to LST'ing, & topping as soon as possible and get them trained, I wish I would've started a little sooner and better with mine. I tried poorly, one or two topped but one of the tops I just snapped back off...stupid mistake but the plant didn't skip a beat! (Dang medicated greatly right now sorry for the ramble!). I got myself pretty much all the basics I could and read were needed.... HP up/dn is a must for feeding and watering too. PH tester & PPM meter were always recommended def the PH at the least! temp/humidity monitor.

8. I don't know or fully understand how well the inside of closets would do? I wouldn't think you would get much fresh air from the usual bottom of the floor space? Mine cab is in my room with a/c and constant ceiling fan.

9. what about the smell of is stealth not a concern of yours

10. You boys interested in making your own soil that you don't need to ph, or add nutrients daily, just feed them water when they get thirsty, and sprinkle a couple things over the topsoil a couple times per grow? Something you could get started before your next grow starts up. All organic, no chemicals, happy plants. Can see what I'm working with over in my thread, and I can walk you guys through some basics! Some friendly helpful guys over in my thread, some organic, some grow with bottled nutes, no hate for any method, everyone's got their style that fits.

11. @xxxjailbait420 funny you ask.....its stinks all the way to the kids room! Been waiting for this day lol. Just bought container of Ona Gel and put in front of my exhaust fan. So going to see how well that works. But the real plan has always been to implement a filter in the exhaust line which I also bought today. Ultimately one more small fan will be put on the top hole to help push through the filter, counting the airflow may back up in the cab once I put it in the line. In the pics I have black pantyhose as a screen/filter(dirty too!) I will use two pieces to hold the carbon filter in line/place. The intake hole 1 1/2" fan 2" exhaust hole 2 1/4" fan 4 1/2. The fans have a high air flow rating for being able to push or pull air as well as rpms...sorry forgot the proper term and threw away packaging

Attached Files:

12. @tenshuu, I appreciate the offer. I'm wanting to go full hydro next couple of grows but I'm sure I'll make my rounds to soil eventually, when I was just in the store I was actually looking at some of the ingredients you have listed in your journal...you sparked some interest to say the least. What made me choose coco/hydro was being able to have more control over the plants I guess you could say. My plants sleep in the same rooms with me so I literally check on them at lest 3x a day! Well not now....I started them on their 12/12 cycle!

13. whatever works for you man, for sure! I started out doing a ton of hydro research. I don't know who or what flipped me to organic soil, but it was last minute that I decided to go that route

14. all organic is all good in my book!

15. Looking good obama! Really like how you also give updates about the DIY side :D
    Keep up the good work!

16. Looking really good man !

17. So flipped the flowering lights on the P150 yesterday, not thinking about it raising he temps, so checking this morning my cab was on the hot side @91. I have some fixes I'm working on in the long run just money tight this month to finish that idea, I will say this it consists of another intake or upgrade to the current one. But for now I had an old blu ray player and removed the small fan and installed that to my exhaust line inside the cab hoping to pull more hot air out, being as I just finished it, I will have to wait till morning to see result, they are about to go night night for today, don't have and external temp probe setup YET lol! Oh yeah raised the lights to the top/highest they can go, was so crammed a little more room for now lol.

Attached Files:

18. So adding the fan & removing one other(needed the cord)until extra cash, brought the temps down to 88 for a high 70 low humidity a little high at 54% high better until I get a few more supplies off good ole Amazon :) Even at those temps the ladies(fingers crossed)seem good leaves aren't curled as they were at 91!! Took them out just to get some fresh air, and really to clean out the cabinet a little bit to keep things well clean lol.

Grrrr sorry idk why the pics are uploaded weird they are shot at normal angles :-(

Attached Files:

19. so any thoughts ofr suggestions on defoliating or pruning of these plants? Worried about light/airflow to under the canopy? Super dense/crammed wondering about "wasting energy" to the lower bud sites that might develop under there? Thoughts and suggested would be appreciated!

20. nice plants!