Homemade cabinet 1st time grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Obamascookies, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Built a cabinet and started some Medical Marijuana bag seeds. Been reading for the past few months and following a few posts so decided to get something going and hopefully get some great input from some of you all over a lot of expertise here!!

2. Your biggest issue with a grow cabinet is going to be dealing with the heat off the lights and keeping that from harming your plants. The more confined the space, the more heat is an issue. So go ahead and plant for very good ventilation in and out and use a cool tube reflector type light when it comes time for flower. CFL's do great for veg, but they pretty much stink for the flowering cycle. An hps or LED work much better for flowering. If you've been reading up on things, then you have a good basic idea of how things work. If you have questions, heaven knows there are answers here. LOL Good luck with your grow. The more you grow, the better you get so just keep on trying! TWW

3. #3 Obamascookies, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    so here's some pics of my build and setup.....new to forums so please excuse any things that may be wrong?

Attached Files:

4. #4 Obamascookies, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    thanks for the input The White Widow....at work on break trying to upload and create this journal so I will be putting up more pics later.

5. Ok so I soaked 7 seeds for ~24hrs then put in a paper towel to sprout took roughly a day then put into the coco mix, most broke ground around the 25th of Aug. was using a couple CFL's in the beginning and cab was running hot ~86 degrees, so I attribute the stretching to that?

Attached Files:

6. about t the 15th of Sep moved them into 2 & 3 gallon smart pots to hopefully help with airflow to the roots. The roots were ok removing them from the smaller cup, planted the plants deeper down to rid of some of that stretch I got in the beginning...

Attached Files:

7. so made this "stand" to get more airflow to the roots and let the extra run-off drip down....that was about two weeks ago.

hoping everyone is just asleep.....I work nights so kinda lonely right now!

Attached Files:

8. So this was from yesterday before work, I raised my lights a little the day before as they weren't covering the plants properly, and they responded! I have a little jungle in there! To be honest did t expect to have all the plants germinate! 6 pots 7 plants(one seed that didn't germinate actually did with another plant). Debating on flipping them to get them out the way so I can start some known strain seeds I will be ordering! Thoughts and suggestions are more then welocome! Also will take plants out and get some close up pics and under regular lights in the next couple days.

Attached Files:

9. Wow man looking very good. Is that the 150w platinum LED? I'm debating to get one of those. Plants looking very healthy.

10. yes it is and it's great and I haven't even put on the full spectrum only the Veg lights, keep debating on running both but have read people saying do and some saying don't!? I already have blue leds on the grow strips so what would it hurt?? But then again too much? Either I haven't and they're growing like champs so if it ain't broke don't fix it? I'm actually looking to order another one beginning of Nov. Awesome to hear they look healthy! Thanks!

11. ok so the plants are out for a water and feed. I got some pics of them individually for hopefully some thoughts on sex? Too early or female is my guess no "balls" per say but no "little hairs" either?? Don't know for sure myself not yet at least! Lastly they were crammed back into the cab. Gonna get interesting from here on out next week I will start the 12/12 cycle as I gave them their 1st suggested dose of FF Open Sesame in this feeding, next watering flush then start with FF Tiger Bloom! Think that's pretty much it for now? Need to get back to sleep for my Friday of work tonight.....finally. I out and suggestions are welcome.....still trying to figure how to use this forum properly so sorry for mistakes.

Attached Files:

12. Looks great in here, I'm subbed up. I like the cab, nice and clean, run that light with full spectrum, mixed spectrum will keep the plants from stretching, and you'll get more light and growth - less time waiting for the plant to veg to your decided size.

What are your dimensions for the cabinet anyway?

13. Oh, found them in your profile. How much longer you think you're gonna wait before flipping to 12/12? What light cycle are you running right now?

14. I was debating that until today, most likely will change within the week. At the latest next Saturday doubt I'll wait that long though lol. but I'll flip the extra light on before and see how they like that along with the feeding in the morning!

15. 18/6 currently. Flipped the extra spectrum of lighting on and raised them a little as well before leaving for work, here they are....oh yeah the fan lead was a casualty of knocking one of my smaller plants on the side! Did anyone looks and see about the sex of the plants? Too early still I'm thinking? Also the roots started coming out of the fabric pots slightly, should i worry about for future grows? Even though next grown i'll probably do 5 gallon or 2 custom pots to fits better and only run two plants scrogged and trained properly........the plan at least lol

Attached Files:

16. roots coming out of the pots is fine. Too early to sex, when the males show you'll have time to remove them.

17. cool thanks for the input was thinking too early as well. Going to start 12/12 tomorrow if the plants did well with the feeding.

18. 2' x 2' will cover with a p150? How many plants

Attached Files:

20. Subbed up! Looks great obama