Innovating the Journey, The BHO(w) Log. Welcome concentrate enthusiats

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr.Headband, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Hello All!
    The name is unimportant. Let me start by saying that I am in a legal state and about 5000ft above sea level. That being said, I would not recommend doing any of this unless you are as well and actually understand what you are doing. I'm sure everyone has heard the horror stories that accompany opening blasting and a spark of any sort. I am a biology major studying botany at the moment so I have a decently in-depth understanding of the biology side of this but am no means a professional and understand very little of the fine details of the chemistry. I am by no means a professional and I intend to show you why(through my own mistakes and research) open blasting or extraction of any kind without an understanding of what you are doing is dangerous, knowledge is key, begin slowly and work your way up. I was once the kid who scraped up the "purged" oily mess from the bottom of a pyrex in a hot bath and called it a day(hugeeeeee mistake! Does anyone without a chamber have ay idea how much solvent is still left?!?) I have been doing research on extraction for months and after a massive failure(open blast a month ago, 2lbs of popcorn and way too much butane) I have decided to take it to the next level. The information I do find is more often than not conflicting and not definite. I understand everyone has their own methods, trade secrets, and different starting material but my aim is to provide exact details on what happens in each step and why, at least in my specific process, so that others may learn from my mistakes. Along the way I intend to test many of these variables(conflicting opinions of others on the same topic)and show exactly what happens when both methods are tested side by side. This knowledge should not be bogarted as it is by those who posses it. I have read others opinions for months with no definite test results present, no actual tutorial on how to deal with the variables that are ever present, and no full and accurate in-depth procedure(the "trade secret") The market will reach equilibrium either way whether you or I like it or not thus eliminating the need to keep these details hidden. If the true goal was to help provide medicine to those in need this would not happen but we all know capitalism has dark side. I might start a "grow log" on this site or possibly find a better place to post on here but please follow me if you are interested. This is my first account like this so I have no idea how much interest this will garner but the more feedback I get the more incentivized I will be to post my findings and continue sharing my research with the community. Please, all love here. I would love any feedback but negativity ruins it for all of us. Constructive criticism is a MUST! This will be for everyone to learn and we all learn from mistakes. If I am doing something(s) completely wrong and it offends you LET ME KNOW(please provide evidence backing your statement). It should also be noted that although this will apply to extraction of concentrates in general the purging and "blasting" is large scale and not personal sized runs. Everything other than my original open blast failure will be run through a passive closed loop best value vacs system with a reclaim tank(half lb scale). This will not change the end product, it is more for maximizing yields and for safety. Hand pumps and anything less than an actual degassing vacuum chambers and a pump will leave you with untold amounts of solvent in your product and although I appreciate you watching, please stay on the sidelines until you have proper equipment so we can keep our results consistent. Thank you for your interest! I can't wait to begin.