1 Dude, 3 Instruments, 10 Songs (hard rock/punk/stoner jamz)

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by sabertoothZ, Sep 30, 2015.

1. #1 sabertoothZ, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    I spent some time in the studio this September and have since released 2 five-song albums under the name Gyder. Everything you hear is me, aside from the female vocals you hear in a couple of songs.
    My self-titled album is rooted in punk/stoner rock.

If you'd like to listen/download(for free) both albums, visit my page at
    gyder.bandcamp.com

Thanks in advance for the time and support, enjoy the tunes!

2. What's the best way to get your music out these days? Any thoughts?

3. Hey I checked out your music it's pretty rad keep rocking.

To get your music out definitely bandcamp. YouTube, iTunes maybe?

4. I don't have any music on iTunes, but I heard there is a way for anyone to get their songs up there. Might not be a bad idea. Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

5. This is pretty goddamn good. I'm actually gonna download it. That's also some damn good production, and whoever recorded & mixed you deserves a pat on the back. People don't realize how much effort goes into the whole recording process. I just do my own shit at home with an 8 track, and by the time I'm done doing one song I never wanna listen to it again.

6. Thats for sure! I record at home with a 4-track and a laptop, and it sounds pretty decent for demos, but I knew I had to go to the studio if I wanted professional quality. Anyway, thanks for the support!

7. I use an 8 track Tascam digital recorder. I do my drum tracks with EZdrummer2, and then transfer that to the 8 track where I build the songs. Right now I'm just going directly from the head on my old Crate combo amp into the 8 track for guitar effects. I can tweak it so that it sounds half decent, but I'd love to eventually get a better head strictly for recording. When I record bass tracks, I just go through the clean channel on my Crate. Vocals are a bitch and I've had a tough time with getting the levels right with the condenser mic I'm using, but I manage. After I complete a song with the 8 track, I transfer the master .wav file into my computer where I EQ it in Sound Forge. I posted a link to some of my stuff in this forum a couple of days ago if you wanna check it out. Maybe you could give me some tips.

8. I downloaded. Good stuff. It would be sweet if you had some ppl to play with, so you could book some shows.

9. Or some hardcopy demos, maybe tapes, or 7"s

10. Thanks! I'd love to start playing shows soon, just gotta meet the right people first.

11. True that. Our band keeps having bass problems they always just flak out stop showing up for practice lol.