Can someone post a link for a ti nail?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Deleted member 616232, Sep 30, 2015.

1. I don't know the size I have. I've been reading on here about the importance of the dabbing equipment since we're inhaling this stuff. I got a nice little dabber where someone left a link and I was using some random bong poker. I have no idea what it's made of.

My nail was supposed to be a ti nail I got at the LHS but it's all black and disgusting and I also read about cheap titanium etc. I want to get a good new nail. The size I have now is about as big around as a pencil eraser.

Would someone be so kind and post a link so I can dab safely? Thanks!

2. Can you post a pic with a dime next to it? Sounds like a 10mm but why would i link you to possibly the wring size nail?
    Just look for something highly educated to be safe

3. #3 DabsOnTheMountain, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Highly educated and omni nails are your best bet when it comes to Ti. The end of an eraser sounds like 10 but if it's a small nail it just might be 14 too. My flux is about the size of an eraser... I think. It's not in my house right now. There is some article somewhere about using bic pens to measure joint size.

I'll be back...
    With something useful for once...

Well that was quick...
    https://www.thedablab.com/how-to-measure-glass-joi...

There are nails on the site after you figure out the size too.

And then for when it comes to dabbing safely heres highly educateds blog, Theres a lot of good articles to read there.
    http://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blog/
    And then honestly here on GC might be the next best resource... theres a lot of good info hidden here.

And of course aqua lab for your nails. Thecavesmokeshop.com has a good selection too the last time i looked.

4. Thank you so much! These posts are extremely helpful. I've learned so much from GC. I don't know what I would do without this place!

5. Halen honey hole or trough. Quartz > ti

6. I like those troughs although they prob take forever to heat up. I would have disagreed with you but then I got a quartz banger and haven't touched my Infinity nail since. I don't get the high price tag on name brand quartz. Like $40-$50 for a quartz nail should be fine but $80-$140 seems a bit steep.

7. The competition needs to go lower for the high end quartz nails to drop in price. as long as cheap china quartz sells for 60 a nail the higher end quartz nails wont come down

8. This is similar to expensive glass brands like Mothershit. Until you can get a decent egg from a blower for 2-$300 everything will stay pricey. That's why i loved china glass, I was happy because i thought it would mean a drop in glass prices all around. I've come to realize that's never gonna happen though.

The same thing will go for nails. Until marijuana is legal in every state and making quartz nails is just another MJ related job the prices will stay high. The makers know they have us in the corner, for now it's either get aluminum laced chinese quartz, spend $160, or no nail at all.

9. I ended up in the big city and accidentally found a great big head shop. I was able to buy a Ti nail that was stamped on it that it was a high grade of titanium. He told me what the stamp said but I can't remember. I believe it's the grade of titanium.

It ended up I needed a 14