Info about flushing needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by colechronic, Sep 29, 2015.

1. I understand why we need to flush I just don't really understand how to flush..
    Someone please tell me if this is how you do it
    Basically you just get oh balanced water and just water it until you get run off ? Basically like drowning your plants ?

2. yes like drowni g the llants kinda like 5 gallon pot 10 gallons of water 2 times the amount water as pot size but the way to do it depends on nutes you used if more in organic side this method will work for other nutrients they have flushing agents to help as well

start two weeks before finish

3. It's like giving your plants a torrential down pour. If you have a ppm meter it helps to know when all the dissolved solids are flushed out.

4. It depends on why you are flushing. If you are flushing to correct lockout or salt buildup then run 2 - 5 times the volume of your pot. If you are flushing at the end of the grow cycle then just cut nutrient for the last one to two weeks and it will have the same effect. All flushing is is making sure the excess salts are either washed out of the medium or used up by the plants.

5. Btw if you are using organic soil there is no need to flush, just stop watering it will dry a bit easier