Leaves turning yellow and seem brittle

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420lover, Feb 18, 2007.

1. The leaves on my plant are turning yellow and seem to be very brittle. What could this be? And how can I fix it? Please help me before i loose my babies. Thanks

2. Please dont take offense to this, but i have to say it -
    How are we supposed to know?
    Without pictures or any information on your setup, your guess is better than an experienced growers.

3. Well I really would rather not post pictures, my set up is as follows
    Miricle grow soil
    3x2.5x3 box all white inside, reflects light very well
    Lights are cfl's, I have 5 plants in there right now waiting to see sex, so some will be coming out.
    I have 2 100 watt lights on each plant, 1 6500K and 1 2700K. Also Have 4 150 watt 2700K about 2 feet away form the plants.
    Fertalizer is shultz plant food 10/15/10. I have only used the fertalizer once.
    I have a watering meter that tells me how wet the soil is, and the last time I watered was about 1 week ago.
    I hope this is enough info for you to help me.

4. Miricle grow soil

If it was a bright yellow & green bag of Miricle grow soil

That's the problem

Look what it did to other plants!

check other sick plants threads

5. Yea, if your MG soil had nutes, chances are its to blame, have you checked the PH run off lately?

6. how close are your lights to the plant?

7. Where are the yellow leaves on the plant? Did the yellowing start at the bottom or the top? Do the leaves yellow from the tips in or from the stem out? Do the leaves get droopy or crispy? A picture would be best, but I'll respect your paranoia cuz ya never know. So instead, we need a lotta info.

8. Yeah sorry I guess I am a little paranoid about posting pictures. The leaves feel very dry, They seem to be droopy and crispy. I did the lst the other day and the leaves on the bottom when i bent the plant over are yellow, The tips on some of the plants are yellow and it looks like it started from the inside out. The light are a few inces away. Should I repot the plants into some decent soil. I am thinking that they are are getting to hot in the room.

9. Am I reading that right? You have 800 watts of CFLs lighting five plants in a 3x2.5x3' area? Man that's a tight space and I'm sure your lights are putting out ungodly temps. The heat and possible lack of airflow cannot be helping things.

That soil is shit and could be burning your plants. If you're really paranoid about pix, get an ip spoofer that way it looks like you're coming in from south america or somewhere.

What's the pH? How old are the plants?

10. Did you try flushing?
    What's the temperature?

11. Capn he's talking in equivalent wattage. That's really about 200w, which is a good amount, except 2 feet is too far. If you think it's too hot, put a fan in there, a little breeze helps a lot. But crispy leaves for me usually mean burn. How much did you feed that one time? Underwatering may have something to do with it, a week is a long time between waterings.

12. wow man, i thought it was a lot worse... i started out with nute added soil too and my leaves (the very bottom set) turned really yellow, like the whole leaf... i transplanted 3 days ago and they are lookin a lot better now. i would reccomend transplanting in to non nuted soil and deffinately get all (or most) of the soil off the roots. check my grow log under this post and see what i did..
    good luck with this man!
    MG can grow but it kinda sucks... they look good at first but they wont last, and if they do they will taste funny (from what ive read)

13. u can use photobucket.com... its free with free signup
    u can use this site too... click the paperclip thing...

14. Oh that doesn't look too bad. Probly just a little nutrient burn, cuz they're small to start feeding. Keep watering with plain water, in that soil you probably won't need to feed until flowering.

15. Sweet good deal thank you guys. I was all nervouse I was gonna loose my babies. I will get some fans in there today to take some of the heat off. I started 12/12 friday any idea how long till I see sex?