Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Unidentified heirloom/landrace strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by yazdan, Sep 26, 2015.

1. #1 yazdan, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Hello friends
    This is my very first post in the Grasscity and I hope I did it in the right section.
    Recently, a friend of mine, brought me some seeds from some specific regions of Afghanistan and Iran and I think they're really untouched(in case of crossbreeding, GM, etc.) and I believe it worth trying to grow and see what they really are.
    Origin of these seeds are not known to me but the interesting thing is, they're coming from the places where people have never heard anything about Skunk, O.G., bubble,etc. or any other recent strains(1994+) and they just use their Cannabis for making hash, as a medicine, food for their animals, making bread and/or simply making some joint for enjoying their lives.(Even their cultivation is still traditional and 100% organic without using any chemical fertilizer or some 21century-related stuff!)
    3 days ago, I tried to germinate 11 of them and now I have 4 healthy seedlings in my growbox under 18/6 hours of light using 3x52w Philips Tornado 6500k.
    I'll try to grow them carefully and I'll post some pics from them so we can discuss about these strains.

I'll be so glad to hear any suggestion or advice from you guys [​IMG]

p.s. I'll be really happy to sharing the love(seeds actually) with those who are not able to get them easily and/or can't risk their lives for going to Afghanistan or perhaps traveling across cities in Iran in order to find them.

Thanks in advance

2. Good luck! Can't wait to see what they turn into

3. Thank you.
    They just popped out of the soil after being there for 1 day, grew a root about 4cm and a stem of 3cm.
    Soon I'll post some photos and write more details about their progress.

4. Very cool stuff right there! I'd love to try different weed from other countries. I have a friend from Nepal, they Mainly have landrace strains there as well. He likes the green from the U.S. better though haha.

5. #5 yazdan, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    cheers!
    These seeds are actually coming from totally different climates(mountaintop vs godforsaken desert) and yet, I don't know which is which and who is who but I believe they're mostly Indicas(due to regional/geographical reasons).
    For now, I'll do my best to keep them healthy indoor.
    Have you tried any pure Iranian strains or hybrids?

6. start a grow journal, i know many people on here would love to see the progression of your plants as it happens.. me included!

7. Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm already taking some notes, as well as marking my mistakes(so other people will not make the same mistakes as I did). Until now, there was nothing special about it(normal germination and turning into the seedlings) but I believe the next week is going to be a very special week for me and them so I'll have a lot to share ;)

8. Haven't had the pleasure to sadly, would love to try some but I'm guessing the only green I've smoked is from Mexico or somewhere in America. Cheers!

9. #9 yazdan, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    They're usually not famous/popular/available outside of Iran.

Personally I was shocked about quality and potency of some of these "unknown" strains and yet, that's one of the reasons for me to learn more about them and make my hands green a bit.
    I hope one day you'll visit Iran and we'll fire up some of these dense bushes [​IMG]

10. #10 yazdan, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    These little lovely seedlings are 3days old now(so they're Libras) and look so healthy and happy in their beds.
    Sorry if quality of the pics are not so good. Soon I'll try a better camera.
    <table><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

11. #11 yazdan, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Update: Today when I woke up and checked my pots, I saw that two of them are already growing the second set of leaves(which are about 0.5mm now) and they had an amazing root development after letting their pots get dried for 2 days. Their fluffy roots already reached the bottom of my DIY CupPot and they're about 9cm now.(+3cm for the stem/leaves so it's about 12cm total size after 4days)
    Soon I'll post some more photos.

12. #12 yazdan, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Update: In morning I just checked them and saw the roots are coming out of the soils like fangs and they was visible all around my pot so I transplanted one of them into a bigger pot which is filled with my organic soil mix:
    Coco peat: 4
    Organic potting soil: 3
    Peat moss: 2
    Worm castings: 1
    Perlite: 3

<table><tbody><tr><td>Roots in seedling pot[​IMG]
    </td><td>After transplanting[​IMG]

13. Looking good bro! Can't wait to see the bud structure and them fat indica leaves. Cheers!

14. Thanks a lot man :)
    I'm working on their watering schedule now. Soon, when they advance their root development, I'm going to transplanting the rest(3 pots) and let them photosynthesis like a boss ;)

15. Update: 8th day and they're growing the 2nd set of leaves. One of them(which is in a bigger pot) is growing the stem(about 0.1cm per day) and her leaves are getting bigger. Also the new leaves are becoming visible and more wide open.

</td><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]

16. #16 yazdan, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
    Update: On 9th day, I saw some signs of heat/light burn as well as overwatering so I decided to not water them for 2 days(1-2 October 2015) and let them dry their soil a bit. Also at 23:57(their day starts at 00:00) I removed two CFL lamps(so now it's just one in the middle) and increased their distance by 10cm.
    Now they look happier than before and the burning tips/sides are not increasing anymore.

Now(10th day) they're like:

</td><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td>[​IMG]
    </td></tr><tr><td>[​IMG]
    </td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr></tbody></table>

17. Keep it Up, never followed a grow on here before but you got me hooked

18. Subbed,interested to say the least

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Thank you guys, you just made my day! ;)

Update: On 11th day, I didn't do anything special and just "let them be" to have some recovery after those terrible stresses and their soil is pretty dry and more fluffy/airy now.
    On 12th day, the one in bigger pot(by far the most "strong" plant in this group) is doing pretty well with both recovery *and* growing! there are 4 new leaves growing underneath the old ones and she looks pretty happier now. No sign of any stress or burns on the new leaves, just green and fresh:
    [​IMG]

Other 3 plants are doing the recovery, one of them is not so successful with it but the remaining two are pretty active and growing both leaves and roots:

</td><td>[​IMG]

20. Looking great bro! Can't wait to see them in a few months!!