..and another one bites the dust♫♪♫

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Sep 25, 2015.

1. #1 cball, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    Well, it took long enough, and more than enough failures to make Obama a one term potus... but it has happened..bone head Boehner is leaving the chicken coupe...let the festivities begin!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/john-boehner-...
    "WASHINGTON - Speaker John A. Boehner,
    under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, will resign one
    of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat
    at the end of October, throwing Congress into chaos as it tries to
    avert a government shutdown."

..."Mr. Boehner's surprise announcement came just a day after Pope Francis
    visited the Capitol, the fulfillment of a 20-year dream for Mr. Boehner
    of having a pontiff address Congress. He had a private audience with
    Francis before the pope's address to a joint meeting of Congress."

...the Pope must have told bonehead he was going to hell for all his sins committed while in politics.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sadly the replacement wont be any better.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Considering he stepped down due to >Republican< pressure, I expect a Ted Cruz type to replace him.

The Left absolutely hates Boehner, so he's not being kicked because he endeared himself to them. He is being kicked because he did not fight and obstruct them even more. As such, I expect a very Tea Party, very right wing replacement.

American politics is the only reality TV I passionately watch.

4. I dunno, I'm about as liberal as they come, but I kind of like the guy and his "American Dream" story.
    Definitely agree this is a huge embarrassment for the party, and that his replacement will probably be a much less experienced politician with less ability to make bipartisan agreements.

5. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

6. I'm supersized he lasted as long as he did. The Party will now spin out of control, warp speed.

7. I doubt it. Cruz bucks the establishment too much and has barely been in congress. Probably gonna be someone in between the tea party and establishment to try and appease both sides of the Republican Party. Unfortunately republicans don't realize that you have to compromise sometimes in order to get the things you want. Probably gonna get a gov shutdown because of some bullshit anti abortion videos.

8. if only a rumor would get around that it was due to the pope chewing out the repug leader for his parties greed and lack of moral and ethical beliefs, and he was put on notice of possible excommunication from the church

9. LOL, more entertainment from the Washington Circus.

Typical: NBC news tonight made a comment about pressure from the party's "far right." Hahahaha.

How come the media never, ever, mentions or even acknowledges the existence of the "far left" in the Democratic Party? (answer: Marxism is normal, anyone who disagrees is just a "reactionary.")

To me, the entire political, media, and academic establishments are ALL left wing. As are a majority of the voters.

10. I think it's just that the radical right wing is so much more outspoken than the "liberal" left...ignorant people tend to be more outspoken as well...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well, no. The media, which is decidedly left-wing, consider themselves as "normal," so they don't "see" the existence of any left-wing anywhere.

They only see "reactionaries," or "right-wingers," or anyone else who disagrees with the continuous expansion of government.

• Like Like x 2
  12. right wing extremist always spew that rhetoric about the media even when they know it is a lie...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/23/1204303/-...

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/20/myth-libera...

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/anson-kaye/201...

https://www.google.com/search?q=left+wing+media+my...

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think you may have a point about Republicans not compromising. What compromise would you suggest regarding the funding of Planned Parenthood?

14. Maybe waiting until state investigators actually found examples of wrongdoing before blindly believing videos released by an organization whose stated goal is to end abortion. Also the problem is they're pulling a dirty trick by trying to attach the funding for pp to a continuing resolution to keep the government from shutting down. If they feel defunding pp is a valid thing to do then they should do it in a seperate bill that doesn't try to strong arm the president between choosing a shutdown and defunding an organization which many including myself have no problems with. The last time the gov shutdown there were estimates of losing something around 2 billion dollars in revenues and back pay. So it doesn't seem very intelligent or fiscally responsible to lose 4 times the amount of money they are fighting to defund. The thing is republicans know this won't pass so it's all a giant show to get the evangelicals/base fired up like 95 percent of the things politicians do on both sides. The problem is there are real world consequences to the gov shutting down which is why it should not be something that is done lightly or for unsubstantiated accusations.

You could make the argument that some of those people in those videos were crude and tasteless but if you actually watch the videos they clearly aren't making massive profits off dead babies like many on the right would have you believe. On top of that a vast majority of the funding goes to actual medical expenditures. Lastly, a good deal of what planned parenthood does involves providing birth control, condoms, and education which go a long way in preventing abortion. People who are anti abortion have to realize that abortions are going to happen regardless of if they are illegal or legal. The question is do we want woman potentially harming themselves, which is the inevitable result of making abortion illegal or do we want them to have the right to go a to a doctor which is much safer. Additionally if pp didn't provide the services I mentioned abortions would most likely increase when people couldn't get access to cheap birth control, condoms, etc so defunding pp would probably not decrease levels of abortions. Personally on a moral level I don't think people should get abortions unless there are extenuating circumstances like rape, incest, health issues, or legitimate inadequacy to handle a child. That being said I think that the government policy of legal abortion is a much more sound policy decision than illegal abortion. Just my .02 though, it's a very subjective issue in certain regards because it depends on how much value you place on potential life verse existing life which is why there is no easy answer. This is why republicans shouldn't attach such a loaded issue to something so important.

• Like Like x 4
  15. But the people that are against PP can't think that deeply and rationalize...it's always a knee jerk reaction...

• Like Like x 3
  16. So you're saying a good compromise would be to wait until the states do their investigations and if they show Planned Parenthood is indeed selling baby body parts then defund them? That does sound reasonable.

17. spin jobs
    ok, I'll spin away...
    what you want to do is toss the due process concept in the trash and immediately punish people when they are accused of wrong doing and then investigate the accusation later...who gives a f**k if the accuser is a known liar and borderline terrorist organization...that is what YOU are saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------

hyperbole doesn't work on people that can think...go spew that rhetoric to some fox box watching tea chugging idiots if you want an audience that will believe it.

18. Why should PP get public (taxpayer's) money?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah that and to not attach this issue to the functioning budget of the government. If they feel it's worthy of doing then it should be able to stand on its own merit and not use the threat of shutdown to force it down people's throats. A gov shutdown is counterproductive to a stable functioning government and shouldn't be used as a negotiating tactic.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Well, the taxpayers will be paying to raise all the unwanted babies and footing the bills for their incarceration due to being born to single parents that don't want them.....

• Like Like x 3