Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs/Oil - Unsure Events from today

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SnapKreckelPop, Sep 25, 2015.

1. I did read the [Before you post - read this] page. I am not asking if I was ripped off, I am asking what characteristics oil may possess. SWIM bough 2 gs of "dabs" from a friend of a friend today. I'm super close with the friend, but have never met the other guy, so I was skeptical for SWIM because you never know, but I trusted my friend. He gets what he paid for, but instead of some dabs, SWIM finds themselves with 2 gs of a soupy, caramel colored substance. What could best be described as smelling of chocolate colored raisins, it's consistency was that of some honey. first attempted in a dab pen. tasted and smelled like what SWIM described as "smoked salmon" but I wouldn't be able to get an accurate representation because I'm not a big fan of fish. nonetheless, SWIM later attempted to douse a couple of Cheyenne Cigars in what was given to them. SWIM felt nothing at all, except for the awful nicotine buzz. I understand many oils and stuff come in many different forms, colors, smells, consistencies, etc., but I and SWIM are unsure of if what was described could be legitimate, or if SWIM got bunked.

Been smoking flower for over a year now, but this was one of the first experiences buying dabs, so that's why I've put it in apprentice. Sorry if the term SWIM isn't used here, just being safe. also, sorry if this in the wrong place, I don't really post on here. Happy toking! :smoke:

2. SWIM?? what??

• Like Like x 1
  3. SWIM = someone who isn't me. because it wasn't me lol

4. 1: You don't need to use SWIM here
    2: If you got no effect, and no "pine/hash/weed/etc" flavors (tastes that are expected in concentrates), there's a chance it may not have been wax/oil
    3: Some low quality and high quality oils have a honey consistency, better to use a rig than a pen for those, or drizzle them in a joint/blunt
    4: It's possible you bought CBD oil that was old or processed weird. you can buy it off of amazon now, as it's 50 state legal.

Caramel isn't an unusual color for wax/oil when it's made from trim and/or heat purged rather than vacuumed.
    My opinion is that you may have gotten a batch of oil/wax made from sun/fan leaves with little to no thc in them, that the plant wasn't flushed before harvest (nutes could've made it taste like that) and that it wasn't heat purged.

5. Yeah you got ripped off if you didn't get baked as fuck

6. #7 roorforcrumble, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    It should smell like weed or very similar. And when you hit it, it should taste like weed, and it also still smells like weed to those who aren't smoking when you blow it out. But its all much fainter than typical flowers, but yea I can tell it is fake because you said it smells like chocolate covered raisins, and the taste wasn't the best weed taste you ever had. It's probably no good because on top of all that, one tiny dab should have had you completely faded. Can we see a picture? A clear one preferably without blur. Then we will really know, right now we are all just guessing by what you say.