My First PC Case Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by slewcid, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Wanted to give a quick update on my girl. She went 2 days without water. On day 3 I misted the top of the soil but nothing more. I added some natural scenery to help her mood and misted the top and sides of the pot. I've got some pH testing paper and it looks like around 6.5. It's kind of hard to tell exactly. Things are looking good so far. :)

I haven't done the sip tray yet but I will tomorrow. I can afford the space for it, but not the perlite. Maybe in a few weeks.

Thanks again for everything!

Attached Files:

2. Sweet man! Looking goood!!

3. #143 Mona, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    I know how sleep deprivation goes, lol, I should've worded it better. The perlite needs to be above the water line....you don't want the roots IN the water for very long as they'll rot!

Hope it helps. Visit my thread http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1381867-Mona%27s-Multi-Strain-Autos'>http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1381867-Mona%27s-Multi-Strain-Autos'>http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1381867-Mona's-Multi-Strain-Autos</a></a> if ya like ☺
    Sorry...I hadn't yet read Audio's post. He was spot on!

4. Isn't it so cool?! Really good start!!

5. How's it looking man??

6. Hi all,

I decided to add a little more soil as some of it had fallen out though the holes. I've been watering a lot less lately and I think It's working that way. I've been misting the top of the soil in the morning during the dark period to simulate dew. I'll pour a little water in during the afternoon if it's dry, but not always. Seems to be working as she's looking pretty good. I noticed two leaves on the stem were yellowish so I'm not sure what thats about. Any ideas?
    All the other leaves are nice and green. She's even starting to make perfume. [​IMG] It's not too powerful but if its starting this early I may have to invest in a carbon filter. We'll see. It's been pretty warm here for November, temps in the 70's for the past few days. Inside the case I think the highest temp recorded was 82 with 40% humidity. It's like a nice warm summer day every day in there. I'm so jelly.

IMAG1852.jpg IMAG1851.jpg
    IMAG1849.jpg IMAG1848.jpg
    IMAG1850.jpg

The rope you see there is an experiment to see if I can get water from the pan at the bottom up to the leaves to increase humidity. After two days the water only seems to make it up about halfway before getting lazy. Though I've noticed the humidity has been pretty steady in the 40's. Having the pan of water down there plus the paper towel wick (and maybe the rope) seems to be helping. I messed around with getting a makeshift sip tray to work but right now its in research and development. I might be able to sneak $10 for a bag of pearlite soon so that's still on the table.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7. Looking good man! Thought you skipped out on us there at first haha you may wanna go another 2 or so nodes and then maybe top her then send her into flower. But that'll be your decision man take care!

8. Hey Slew!! It's been awhile, lol. She looks good! You mentioned the newer leaves, they're sometimes lighter at first so give 'em just a bit. You might want to make sure the light is reaching them. Penetration from cfl's, as you know, sucks so it'll be a concern throughout. However, she looks good & that she's got an aroma already makes her that much better😉
    Hope all is well with you & yours, take care.
    If u get a minute, stop on over to my thread http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1381867-Mona's-Multi-Strain-Autos

9. What's good my man?

10. Hi all,

Here she is as of last night.

I added a bit more foil by the sides of the pot to hopefully get more light to the lower leaves. This is also helping to keep her warm during the nights. So far so good I'd say. Do you guys think it's time to top it off? After I do that should I change to the flowering bulbs and move the time to 12/12?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. Oh you can let her get bigger man lol. Pull her over to the side get those inner nodes to stretch out. You want the plant horizontal optimally ha. Once you start doing that then you can top the main let it grow a little but then flower

12. I finally got around to installing a sip tray. W@W! After just 4 hours she grew a half inch! Here are the before and after pictures.
    The lights out picture is the 'before.'

Can I use pipe cleaners to hold her down?

Attached Files:

13. You sure can man, she looks like she's clawing pretty hard, do you have any other soil?

14. No, I only have the FFOF soil. What other kind should I use?

15. Might be over watering then. You'll be fine in that

16. Probably, since I had watered the night before I add the sip tray. I'm holding off watering for a day or so.

17. Ok I think I did it right. Please take a look and let me know if I need to change it.

Thanks for everything!

Attached Files:

18. Yep and just keep pulling her over.
    Take a look at this but don't pay attention to the numbers
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448048292.038810.jpg

19. Thanks! I cut a few smaller branches off to get light to the lower leaves.

Should be fun to grow her horizontally :)

Attached Files:

20. Happy Black Friday!

Since my last post we had a decent, yet short lived snowfall. We got about 1.5 inches and it was pretty cold for a few days in a row. The temps inside the case got to a low of around 45. I kept the case wrapped in a blanket and only misted her during the night. It warmed up nicely though, highs near 60. I added a slice of a FedEx box to the inside of the case door to give it some extra insulation. That sure worked! The overnight temps are in low 80s inside, and 40-50 outside. I'm giving water about once a day, either misting or a bit in her sip tray. I think she's looking pretty healthy.

We're coming up on 6 weeks old! She's growing so fast! I think she'll be walking soon! I've got her growing sideways now, using pipe cleaners and clips as a brace. I trimmed off some of the leaves near the top but didn't cut any of the top leaves. Should I?

When should I start looking for sexing? Since this is a bagseed I can't give any idea of strain.

Here's a couple photos of her today at 40 days from sprouting.

IMAG2002.jpg IMAG2003.jpg

Everyone be safe while traveling this season!