Og Kush, Organics, the PC and Me

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kofidog, Sep 22, 2015.

1. #81 kofidog, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    Yep, she was flipped to flower on 31st October, just over 3 weeks ago now. Got a fair amount of bud sites too, but I hope they really swell up during the last couple of weeks! The tentative harvest date is 19th Dec. I feeding her with a little molasses when I water her about every 4th or 5th day. I want to be careful, but to the best of my knowledge molasses won't burn cannabis. You know anything about this? But I'm only putting in a tiny bit into the watering can - maybe an eighth of a teaspoon per liter of water?

2. Are you going purely organic with this grow? And yeah I do, it does work pretty well, as long as it's organic molasses meant for plant growth lol. Don't forget to flush the plant for 2 weeks at least before harvest, you want that clean white ash when you smoke it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah man, I'm doing organic. I prefer my herb to be as pure as possible. Plus there is just a lot less stuffing around with ppm, pH, possibility of nute burn, etc., etc. I made up a 'super soil' mix for this grow, using compost, cow manure, rock dust, azomite, seabird guano, earth worm castings, perlite, a little coco coir, etc. Next grow I will use more coco. I love working with coco. But I will still mix in soil just so I don't have to feed nutes all the time.

20151119_071646.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. apparently he basically won't be building anymore cfl cases sadly, so I'm gonna have to spend a while saving :/

5. Is he not doing LED cases either?

6. he's only doing the LED cases now

7. #87 kofidog, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    Today is day 24 of flower for the OG Kush. About another 30 days to go. Been adding a bit of molasses and potassium in tiny amounts as I am scared to death of over-nuting and burning my plant like I did last grow. But so far, she seems to like what she's getting - I've noticed in the last 3 days or so since she was fed the buds are really putting on weight! Can't be sure if this is due to the additional nutes or just part of the natural process of flowering, but as long as she continues the way she is, I will continue to feed the molasses and potassium until harvest.

20151123_175424.jpg

20151123_175432.jpg

20151123_183607.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. nice man! I'm looking to build my own case instead because $515CAD just isn't reasonable in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I hear you man. My problem is I am not a very handy person, so it was easier for me to just cough up the money! However I might have a go at it in the future..

10. I'm ordering the parts for two identical pc's, they're the same case as mrgropro, but better materials. One will be using 5 of the LED strips he uses, (which I'm paying $30 for 5, instead of $130 for 3 on his website), and the other will be using CFL. Going to compare them and whichever yields more I will use, and the other will be replaced with whatever light works better.

It's quite simple tbh, glue, bit of plugging in, bit of painting, and the boxes will be ready. Most challenging part will be waiting for the parts lmao!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wow, sounds exciting dude! I just bought a new LED light that is much better than the ones that came with the mrgrowpro. The lights in the mrgrowpro total 45 watts. The new light I got is 100 watts, and it's made of better quality parts. Not sure if that will be overkill for the server case, but if it is, I'll just keep it to use when I upgrade to a tent. My problem now is how to install the new LED in the server case and run the power cord out without stuffing up the light proofing! Any suggestions?

12. Updates?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll be updating soon - probably this weekend! //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/bongin.gif

14. #94 kofidog, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    UPDATE

Well it's the beginning of week 6 of flowering for my girl (95 days total growing time). According to Nirvana, there are only 2 or 3 more weeks to go before harvest time! I must say, the buds have not swollen up as much as I would have liked. Not sure if this is due solely to the wattage of my lights (45 watts total) or a combination of factors. She is in a good amended 'super soil' that I made up, and I have been feeding her a little extra potassium and molasses since flowering was initiated. I have tried to make sure to remove any fan leaves that were blocking light from the bud sites too.

I recently purchased a better LED light that is a true 100 watt light. The coverage of this light, according to the manufacturer (Grow Candy) is 1' x 2' and is equivalent to a 200 watt HPS. This should be plenty of light for my little pc server case. So I'm planning to use this light for the next grow.

I decided to remove the scrOG screen as it became obvious that the girl was not going to stretch much more since it was put up. She has been LST'd nicely though and is opened up enough that the light penetrates down fairly well. Nontheless, I decided to move the buds a bit closer to the lights. So I've put in wooden blocks to raise her up. Unless she has an unexpected growth spurt in the last 2 weeks, I think the yield will be modest at best. I was really hoping to get at least 1 ounce of bud from this grow. It will be interesting to see how far off from that goal I end up! I have to admit though, she smells wonderful! But the smell is not overly strong. I think the carbon filters I put together are doing a pretty good job of keeping my room odour free.

20151205_085345.jpg 20151205_085412.jpg
    20151205_085425.jpg 20151205_085523.jpg
    20151205_094501.jpg 20151205_094611.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you don't mind me asking.. where did you find the 100w version? I can't find it anywhere through google. Also, have you got any ideas on how you'd mount it yet?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey StealthAccount44, sorry about the delayed reply - been out of the house for a couple of days. Yeah, I was lucky to find a local hydro shop here that still had an LB1 in stock - apparently Grow Candy has ceased manufacturing the smaller lights and are only doing the bigger ones now. In the recent past, I had also done a few searches in Google to find these lights but to no avail. I lucked out and got the last one available in my area. It seems like a damn good light too. Can't wait to use it next grow. As far as installation, my plan is to super glue some powerful magnets on the back of the case and these will hold firm to ceiling of the pc server case, since the case is metal. That is, IF I decide to use this light in the pc case. I may wait until I get myself a decent grow tent and use it in that. Depends on if I move into a bigger place fairly soon. Where I am now it's not practical to have a grow tent - not stealthy enough and I don't really have the room.

17. Well, looks like the buds are definitely fattening up a bit since I put them closer to the LEDs and fed them with extra potassium and molasses - I can see the difference since a couple of days ago! I didn't expect them to bulk up much at all... Hopefully this will continue until harvest time!

20151207_154139.jpg
    20151207_154202.jpg
    20151207_154317.jpg
    20151207_154242.jpg

I also notice that the tendrils are starting to turn red - a sign that they are ripening up.. [​IMG]

18. Damn, I was thinking they probably discontinued the light. 100w in the case would be sweet. I thought magnets with some epoxy would work but don't forgot you'll need some clearance room if there are fans drawing from the top.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #99 kofidog, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    True, I thought of that too. I figured I would use 2x or 3x 5mm block magnets stuck together by magnetism thus allowing some clearance for airflow between the fans and the ceiling of the case. The magnetic attraction between magnets can be quite powerful, so I'm confident they would hold the weight of the light.
    I'm also toying with the idea of another mrgrowpro case so I can do a perpetual harvest. It would be a CFL case. What are you growing in?

20. Hey kofi. If I were you, I'd let those buds go another 2-3 weeks at least. They can fatten up a lot in that time lol. You might also want to put the original LEDs in the case with that 100w if you have the space, it might be able to increase yields a bit. Also if you have anymore room, move the plant closer to the light. It should improve yields at least a tiny bit. I might be able to design you a case if you'd be cool with that, probably would be way cheaper than mrgrowpro lol.

• Like Like x 1