Og Kush, Organics, the PC and Me

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kofidog, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys! Finally starting the new journal! My last grow was a Nirvana Papaya that got cut short due to an accidental over-feed. I managed to toast the hell out of that plant shortly after I put her in flower. Even so, I still managed to harvest about 8 grams for frosty leaves even though there were no real 'buds' to speak of. I sampled those leaves and the buzz was really strong! I can only imagine what the buds would have been like had they matured.

Anyway! Lesson learned. This grow I decided to take a break from coco and try an amended 'super soil'. I made up a soil mix with the following:

Organic compost
    organic potting mix
    seagull guano
    volcanic rock dust
    neem cake
    dolomite lime
    azomite
    seaweed
    bokashi rice hulls
    organic fertiliser
    perlite
    and earthworm castings

Planning to add some micorrhizae later, and might even try some kind of compost teas.

I'm growing Og Kush from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com this go round. It took me awhile to decide which strain I wanted to grow this - I had a lot of choices, but since I'm limited to only one plant (micro grow), it wasn't an easy decision. I ended up opting for Og Kush. I guess the main reason I chose this strain is because it's reputed to promote feelings of happiness and contentment and has some medical uses as well. Happiness and contentment is always welcome!

Still using the mrgrowpro server tower and 45 watts of LEDs. We have just started our spring here down under, and although it's still pretty chilly at the moment, it may eventually be a bit of a challenge to keep my temps down in the proper range. I remember last time I grew during summer months and some days it got up to 34 or 35 degrees celsius inside the computer case! That's about 95 degrees fahrenheit!

My girl is just starting her 2nd week of vegetative growth now (she's 21 days old from seed). Started her off in a solo cup.

20150907_110309.jpg

Here she is as of today: 20150922_182123.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. subscribed looks like she's doing good i like the supersoil mix

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey thanks dude! Welcome. Make yourself at home, feel free to share stuff about your grow or your experience. I'm always keen to learn from others. What's your story?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 microryder, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    Hey Kofi looking great man. That's an epic soil mix. Looking forward to your journal [​IMG] I've been busy myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 kofidog, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    Ok, a little update on the grow. It's now the 6th day of the 2nd week of veg, 27 days total since germination. The little girl got her first drink of mycorrhizae solution end of last week, which was both a foliar spray and soil feed.

20150928_152136.jpg

I got her some Tappin' Roots juice also which I will treat her to next watering. I had to buy this through Amazon since it's not sold Oz. But another blade here on GC recommended it so I thought I'd give it a try.

20150928_152201.jpg

After getting the mycorrhizae, she let me know in no uncertain terms that she was very happy! She perked right up and has been growing vigorously ever since!

20150925_224416.jpg

Oh, and the white stuff covering the soil is the diatomaceous earth that I've been using to keep the fungus gnats under control. It sort of coagulates when its wet, but goes back to powder form when it dries out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That seems like an awesome soil mix! I'm working my way into organics, I'm using homemade compost in my mix and love the results so far! Subbed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for dropping in, high c! Yeah, I'm still learning about organics, or really, cannabis cultivation period! The soil mix is an approximation of a couple of recipes I got here on GC. So far, I'm pretty happy with it! But I suppose, the real test will be after the grow is harvested, dried and cured - the taste test!
    I've also got a worm farm and compost bin out in the garden so I take full advantage them! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow Kofi looking great man! Looks really healthy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Subbed can't wait to see the results I'm doing a micro grow as well gonna be using nectar for the gods tho

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looking good mate, spring can tricky down here, with the random hot and cold weather.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Grnwzrd, a cordial welcome! Are you in OZ?

Yeah thanks Micro! Hopefully this will be the case throughout the grow. I like the fact that with this organic soil, all I have to do is water her and occasionally give her the odd tea or fertilizer - no worrying about ppm, nutes, etc!
    Yo! WhiteDawg! Welcome man! Thanks for subbing up!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks mate I'm in WA.

13. #14 kofidog, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Fair dinkum? That's great mate! I'm really stoked to have an Aussie on this thread! And I really love your avatar - that's a nice rendition of the 'flower of life'!

14. #15 grnwzrd, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Cheers mate.

You seem pretty full bottle on your nutes, I haven't found much here yet but maybe I'm shopping in the wrong places...

15. What's you setup grnwzrd?

16. #17 grnwzrd, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Hey Kofi it's pretty basic, one of the tool cupboards in my garage converted with 2x 138w LEDs and some pc fans.

I grow in some pots from bunnings with little drain reservoirs at the bottom using premium potting mix and vermiculite. I flush with seasol and feed with the red powered.

This is my first grow so it will keep evolving.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Very nice setup man!

18. Thanks mate

19. Sweet! Nice n tidy!