Steppa Style’s Perpetual Grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by steppastyle, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Day 2 flowering. Girls are growing more than 2 centimeters a day right now. I gave the girls a full dose feeding of week 1 flowering nutrients

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448149827.073043.jpg

Nothing much else to report. The clones are just doing their thing as we wait for roots to show and the blueberry seeds are beginning to show their second set of leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 3 flowering.

Pre flowers beginning to show.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448202741.231564.jpg

A little bit of more tucking this morning.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448202876.161430.jpg

The blueberry is going strong at day 8 since first breaking the ground. But it has been cold the last few nights.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448202924.183350.jpg

The clones are off to a slow start. The air temp in the clone closet got down to 60 the last two nights. I am pretty sure they have all rooted because they don't budge when given a little tug. So I plan to move them over to solo cups with my coco/perlite mix this afternoon.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448203156.767923.jpg

I'm still new to cloning, so I hope to perfect my craft as the time goes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Day 4 flowering...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448313229.676147.jpg

So many tops making their way through the screen.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448313267.678491.jpg

The clones are still not doing to well. When lights were off last night, it got down to 56 in the closet. I will have to run the furnace at night in this part of the house to keep the temps up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wow, what a difference a night can make. I look into my clone closet this morning and all the clones were showing roots but one!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448391591.764338.jpg

And...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448391637.984465.jpg

A little stress on these girls. It might take about two more weeks until we see solid veg growth, but the Matanuska has proven to be a very hearty strain.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448391808.971812.jpg

And of course we are on day five in the flowering tent.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448392282.585575.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow USA growers.

Day 7 flowering.....

I switched over to the HPS bulb this morning.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448547781.649664.jpg

I also just finished trying to do a flush. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this while under ScrOG in the tent. My using rags to absorb the water didn't quite work out as well as I hoped. I think I need to get a wet/dry vac to suck the drainage while I pour. I'll add that to my next Home Depot trip.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I know this might be controversial, and I hear thousands of different opinions on how and when to do this, but I decided to do some lollipoping of all the lower growth that was getting light from under the screen.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448578780.076216.jpg

I did not lollipop the mother before she went into full flower. I had a lot of popcorn bud with her and smaller tops. I'm hoping now I can focus that energy into the top canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alright, so I took advantage of some of the Black Friday sales around and decided to set up another grow tent.

I scored a
    3'x3'x6' tent
    600 watt ballast
    600 watt cool tube
    600 watt hps
    600 watt mh
    6" inline fan
    All for around $400.

So this will give me three different grow spaces. My eventual goal is to have the 200 watt CFL I have hanging in the closet for clones and seedlings. The 3'x3'x5' tent with 400 watt for veg. And finally the new 6' tent and 600 watt light for flowering.

Now here we are this afternoon.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448650443.334572.jpg

The clones are fully rooted and the blueberry is in full veg stage, so I have moved them over to the new tent. I have them about 2.5' away from the light right now as they get used to the intensity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice deals man. I think lollipopping in a scrog is totally necessary unless you throw lights under the screen for the popcorn bud

9. Day 9 flowering....

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448731359.306688.jpg

Since I did a full flush just two days ago, the girls appear slightly overwatered, but not to worry, everything is going smoothly.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448752145.334137.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like Like x 1
  10. that's gonna be awesome.... I wish I knew about scrogging when I went into flower hahaha.

..... next time.....

11. Day 12 flowering.

Well, today I experienced something that all growers cringe at when they see it...

SPIDER MITES!!!

I saw some "freckles" on the tops of a few leaves couple days ago, but I was probably in denial at the time and didn't investigate or react at all.

So today when I was checking the plants bud sites, I take another look and still seeing the freckles with black specs under the leaf. So I trimmed one and put it under the microscope. After fooling around and trying to focus, suddenly this grotesque, big eyed mother fucker darts under the scope, then another. I jumped back, I needed no more confirmation. Those were spider mites!!

Only one plant seems to be infected. The girl in the front-right. The others seem to be bug free.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449007541.128740.jpg

I am not sure where the infestation has come from. I do have a couple dogs that love to romp around the woods on my property. And they will sneak into the grow room when I'm working if I leave the door open behind me. I also don't have a great seal around my window where the exhaust hoses run out. Having never dealt with this problem before I did a few quick google searches, and created an action plan.

1. Since I won't have time to go into town to visit the local grow shop, I ordered some Azamax. Some pretty hardcore pesticide that I hear can wipe out the infestation. This stuff is kinda expensive though. $20 for 4oz. Even with expedited shipping, it won't be here until next Monday.

2. Mixed 1 tablespoon of bleach with a gallon of 95 pH water. Sprayed the hell out of all the plants from top to bottom, inside and out. I also sprayed down all the walls, floors, nets, pots of both grow tents.

3. Repeat step 2 every 3 or 4 days until Azamax arrives.

4. Treat leaves and soil with Azamax another 3x

5. Clean and vaccine grow room, sanitize with bleach solution.

6. Seal vents

7. Ensure dogs stay out of grow room.

Let's get this fixed before the major buds begin to form.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Damn that sucks. Good luck

13. Here are a couple more shots of the leaves on the plant with the mites.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449019763.580791.jpg

And here is the under side of the leaf right before I sprayed. Notice the blond dots scattered around? Those are the eggs. And the two little black specs at the base of the stem are the actual mites.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449020190.225492.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Day 13 flowering...

So far under leaves still look clean of the mites. I will be doing another treatment tomorrow, and every three days after for the next three weeks or so. I have read the mites can build up a resistance to what ever is used to eradicate them. So best practice is to rotate between three different methods during treatment. So I have used bleach and warm water already. I got the Azamax coming by Monday. So I need a third method. Maybe something I can make with common items around the house.
    Anyone have suggestions?

The rest of the plants are doing great though.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449068343.209036.jpg

Here is a close up shot of the tops. Perfectly spaced out nodes that will yield super dense nugs. When mommy was done flowering, each of these tops came in at 8-15 gram dried.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449068404.914480.jpg

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looks like you been a busy bee here!! Nice clone job! Crappy about the mites, lol... they flourish in high temps. I've had a few mites, but nothing that a couple applications of some neem didn't promptly rectify.

~GHG~

16. Thunder Fuck? Is this the same strain as Alaskan Thunder Fuck? I remember getting some of that at Bonarroo (TN hippie music festival) back in like 2003 and thinking my brain was going to come out of my ear holes. It's cool and interesting to hear the name come up again.

17. Ahhh shitty about the bugs. Ive used water and dish soap but I think thats more preventative. Ive read about chile pepper dish soap water. Might be something cheap and easy to add to your plan of attack and mix it up on them

18. They are pretty much the same strain as far as genetics goes. This strain was very active with the hippies back in the early 2000's. So it makes sense that you saw it at a hippie fest. It is a very heavy hitter. Strong couch lock that makes this a great strain for insomnia.

The original seeds used in this grow are actually from back 2004. I had a good grower in Humboldt who worked on perfecting this strain based off the original clone. He got busted back in 2006 and all his hard work was lost to the feds.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for stopping by. I have used a dish soap-olive oil-water mix before on outdoor grows that did an awesome job at getting rid of Mealy Bugs. Do you have a specific recipe that you use?