American Ultra

Discussion in 'Movies' started by The3amJunkie, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Not a terrible stoner movie.. but I guess there isn't a lot of movies I don't like.. I really wanna get with Kirstin Stewart.

Anyone else seen it?

2. Want too waiting for it to hit on demand or Microsoft. N yea I'd like to get with her as well haha

3. I just seen this one lol good movie tho was worth it

4. #4 Deleted member 42976, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    never even heard it. i'll check out the trailer though...

looks like it might be worth watching. doesn't look like an award winner but i've seen worse lol

5. Just download it, google the forum Warez-bb and check out that warez forums.

6. would if I had a decent computer :/

7. You dont need a good computer just a good internet connection.

8. True. I state this tho because my internet connection is shit on the computer. Phone has s good enough one just hate small screens.

9. just watched it last night. It was well worth the watch, but I don't care to ever watch it again. Their chemistry together was really good and just like adventureland(which is a better movie imo).

If you wanna watch movies never download them, just stream them. I usually use primewire and as soon as a movie is out there's tons of links for them.

10. #10 Oni~, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    Saw it last night. Ehhh

It had potential, particularly since everyone on here will identify with the protagonist since he's a smoker. It starts out decently but quickly devolves into pandering to a young teenage audience (while sporting an R rating). The main antagonist, played by Topher freakin' Grace, represents an evil CIA agent who drops far too many F-bombs to be taken seriously. He seems more like a kid throwing temper tantrums than a mastermind villain.

[​IMG]

As someone who grew up on rated R action flicks and a big fan of HBO's hardcore attitude towards shows, I'm the opposite of offended or squeamish at bloody scenes. In this movie however they felt far too forced, like the main reason to bloody up the protagonists is just to show them together and blood bathed. The display of blood greatly outweighs the display of the struggle that got them bloody in the first place. It's violence for showing violence's sake, while not being very organic about it.

John Leguziamo, who IS actually quite talented and multifaceted as an actor, is yet once again typecast as the Latino drug dealer hood rat.

So yeah, had potential, but ends up as very juvenile work at the end. I can see people in their early to mid teens enjoying this more than adults with more flicks under their belt.

11. Yeah, this movie had a lot of promise, but not a satisfying conclusion,

SPOILERS:
    Why did he go back to work for the gov? The entire movie he's like "oh man I keep killing people this is terrible" and then turns into "oh man I keep killing people for the people who were trying to kill me, this is awesome". Not very chill for a mellow stoner guy.

12. I got the feeling that they were looking to set up a franchise. Part two would be him as a teenage pot smoking James Bond.

13. I like the scene in Roses weight training room.