Russia taking a leadership role in the middle east

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Sep 19, 2015.

1. We'll have to wait on the working/middle class to make that decision for us. Because the rich won't and this country was never to fond of the poor complaining either.

Everything has it's limits though, and just with how this election race has been going I think we are seeing the early stages of people being fed up(even if they're fed up for the wrong reasons). The fact that the 2 leading republicans aren't career politicians tells you something.

The real issue though is that this country is so big and multi-cultured that there are too many opinions, sides, issues, and groups for us to unite as a whole like we should. We are a very divisive people in this country and it doesn't work to our benefit.

I never thought about it until a cop broke it down for me. Divide and Conquer. So simple yet effective. Idk I just try to learn what I can and hope. I'm just happy that I got it good compared to a lot of people.

2. the fact that our options are going to be trump or Hillary doesn't help either.

It really shows how little say we have since the primaries are not an election and only 2 people can run.

-Yuri

3. #163 Green Wizard, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    When you go to the ballot and vote for President, you'll see more than two candidates from different parties running. And you're like, who the hell are these guys? Trouble is the media and campaign finance. Because of money and the lack of media coverage, they don't give any other political parties the platform to get exposure.

4. I truly hope that ISIS enjoys their fall festivities with both the Russian forces and the newly arriving American ODA teams.

Get your martyrdom on!

5. no joke

I voted for Gary Johnson.

My sister in law was like "I didn't know there was a third candidate"

I'm like "FUCKING KIDDING ME?! YOU DIDNT SEE A THIRD OPTION RIGHT FUCKING THERE?"

OMG IDIOTS ALL

-Yuri

6. WW3 knocking at the door?

Shit's been going down this past week. I'm beginning to feel that we're in an all out proxy war with Russia. The motivations of the western powers to counter-balance the moves Russia has made recently in Syria has me thinking about the Paris attacks. Everybody's gun ho on ISIS (or is it Russia?) now. Turkey shoots down the Russian fighter jet with an F-16 bought from the U.S. Both sides are now huffing and puffing. It won't take much more to blow this shit up

7. so youre implying that ISIS is somehow russian

8. Nobody can tame the Middle East. Anyone who ever tried, came straight home with a black eye and sand up their asses. Russia will be no different.

You can't end terrorism, with more terrorism. Had the US never invaded Iraq, there would be no ISIS.

I guess they'll just have to learn their lesson . . the hard way.

[​IMG]

9. well lets see, the CIA trained and armed Osama Bin Laden and created al qaeda. Then we put Saddam in power, then take him out of power, destabilize the region, and bam hey ISIS.

Want to know who the real terrorists are and who is creating terrorists such as ISIS? Look no further than the US government.

10. Here we go. I knew it.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-russia-n...

By Mansur Mirovalev

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev raised the specter of a new Cold War
    on Saturday and compared the current tensions between Russia and the West
    to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, which brought the world to the brink of nuclear war.
    "NATO'spolitical stance toward Russia remains unfriendly and isolated,” he
    said in televised remarks at an international security conference in
    Munich, Germany. "One can say even more harshly, we have slid into the
    times of a new Cold War.”

Relations between Russia and the West have been in a downward
    spiral since Moscow"s 2014 annexation of Crimea and support of
    hostilities in eastern Ukraine, which prompted a series of crippling
    economic sanctions against Russia. The relationship between Moscow and
    the West has become further strained by Russia"s continuing support for
    Syrian President Bashar Assad, including a bombing campaign against Western-supported
    rebel groups.Medvedev served as Russian president in 2008-12 while his mentor,
    Vladimir Putin,was prime minister, and his remarks in Munich presumably had Putin"s
    stamp of approval. His reference to the Cuban Missile Crisis was oblique
    but unmistakable.

"I sometimes wonder: Are we in 2016 or in 1962?” he
    said, addressing Western leaders, security officials and...