First serious grow attempt, commentary welcome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by *-_Chef_-*, Sep 18, 2015.

1. So that's what it's called . I just know it works but yeah it's is totally awesome bro !

2. Starting to see the first visible roots in the solo cups today!!!!

WOOO IM IN!!!

So glad I bought translucent solo cups haha.

more pics coming tonight, the leaves are getting bigger and bigger!

3. Just noticed a little dry spot on one of my leaves.

yellow.jpg

You think it could just be a minor nute burn from the root enhancer I've been using or Calmag?

It doesn't really look bad enough for me to lose sleep over, I'll probably just go back to straight Ph6 water until the transplant now that I'm actually starting to see roots in the cup, just to be safe.

Definitely some impressive growth from last night though.

4. Tested the soil Ph, and it was preeeeeeetty acidic, probably from the happy frog I added yesterday, I've read that stuff tests 4.8 out of the bag, that in combination with the fact that I use PhDown on my tap water because its fairly basic probably lead to it.

Flushed it out with some higher Ph water until it read 5.5-6 again when rested,

5. Forgot to mention, added a wireless thermometer to my arsenal today, so I can monitor my grow room temp from anywhere in the house

6. End of day 4.

Day4.jpg

Really hoping the nute burn on the one in the back doesn't take it out, not sure how devastating it can be this early on.
    I have stopped all nutrients and flushed the soil back to a decent Ph.

7. I agree roots don't like light . I would rap them in take as well

8. Getting home from work and checking on my plants has become the high point of my day.
    The nutrient burn on the one plant hasn't spread, which is good.

all 3 are still looking healthy, the leaves are starting to rise from the initial seedling leaves and grow outward and a second set of leaves is becoming present.

This is now the farthest I've ever gotten in the process! I am so overjoyed, pics going up at the end of my night, trying to make that my normal picture progress schedule.

9. yes!
    I've taken a liking to making a cup of coffee and sitting in my grow room for about 20 minutes as soon as I get home, just taking a few moments to look over my root systems and plant structure puts the stress of my day job behind me.

10. So as promised, heres the end-of-the-day photo for day 5

day 5.jpg

and a bonus shot of how my roots are coming along

roots.jpg

11. Looks good. Think about a tent maybe? Got mine on craigslist 60$ !! Im a first time grower too

12. Looking good bro

13. I'm thinking about getting a tent, was going to hold off on spending much more money before I really start to feel like the plants are here to stay, once I'm comfortable enough to actually declare them "in Veg" I'll probably end up getting one.

14. tents works great. It helps you with a micro environment that makes it easy for you to maintain humidity , temperature , and smell. Not to mention they are super cool and desinged for stealth . i also just ordered a mars hydro 300w led for 60$ on ebay. Its a good addition to a small grow .

Attached Files:

15. Fans

Attached Files:

16. Looking good bud. Do you have any red party cups, solo or otherwise?

17. no I dont, would that be a better spectrum provider?